Just put a hurting on with my new McConch Burger. Pr0n

I mean that looks great.....but we went to the Cayman Islands about 29 years ago and all you could get served was Conch this or that. And it was all awful! Maybe they have improved through genetic cross breeding. Or inbreeding for that matter.
Nice post and I love the sizzle!

Its like a huge clam. A conch burger to me sounds like a poor mans crab cake...just saying....:tape:
Two different beasts. Conch when caught fresh and handled properly can be very delicious. Crab meat is actually quite delicate and has to be handled gently when making cakes. Conch however, is like rubber if not tenderized. Hence the grinding, or pounding as in conch steaks, Etc. Fresh ground, perfectly spiced and fried I'll choose conch over crab cakes anyday. But nothing beat a low country crab boil and pickin' or my favorite soup of all time...She Crab!

I mean that looks great.....but we went to the Cayman Islands about 29 years ago and all you could get served was Conch this or that. And it was all awful! Maybe they have improved through genetic cross breeding. Or inbreeding for that matter.
Nice post and I love the sizzle!
Thanks Marty, We have a house in Belize and I know how you feel. Conch is a tricky protein and is generally over sold to the Tourists. They are protected on Ambergris Caye where we live and seasonally harvested. However, I don't think I have seen them too widely marketed there.

Back