Sundays BBQ beef spare ribs (updated)

MStoney72

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Bought a set of these last week and cooked half of them last week for a couple buddies over a few beers and had to in my opinion pull them off a little bit to early, so Im giving myself plenty of time today to see if they will be better than last week. Went really simple on seasoning today using onion powder, salt, and pepper.
4c174bfd-6eb6-a134.jpg
4c174bfd-6ee2-6d3a.jpg

The second picture is about 3 1/2 hrs. into the cook they are just starting to get a nice pull from the bone so they are getting closer to being done. Started off the cook with the guru set at 275' and backed it off to 225', because they seemed to be coming a little to fast and I wanted them for dinner not lunch, lol;) I will post more pics later
Just pulled ribs off of the cooker they seemed like they were extremely tender and almost broke in half when I grabbed hold of them

4c174bfd-95e5-be5a.jpg

Here is a pic after I sliced them
4c174bfd-9ce8-9641.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Yeah, I'd hit those for sure.. If i could find them at the right price I'd do some myself.

brickie

Yeah, I'd hit those for sure.. If i could find them at the right price I'd do some myself.

brickie

I paid under $17.00 for these, not sure if it a good price or not. I've just been wanting to do something different for a change. Hope they turn out good I might get them again, if so.

They look great! I just did my first rack of beef back ribs last weekend. I will definitely be doing them again. I've seen a lot of variation as to what a rack of beef ribs looks like. Yours look meatier than mine but seem to be trimmed really hard on the one end. The one's I see at Wally World are like half the size.

Mine weren't as thick but had meat all along the bone. I picked them up at my butcher and I think they were like $14
IMG_1719.jpg

looks great :thumb: I need to smoke some beef ribs! I smoke so much pork I'm turning into a pig

images

and my wifey below

images

looks great :thumb: I need to smoke some beef ribs! I smoke so much pork I'm turning into a pig

images

and my wifey below

images

Aw man, you could've at least put a shirt on for the picture. I can see your nipple. I though this was a PG show. I'll tell you what though, I don't want to come off as piggish but I wouldn't kick her out of bed. :p

Haha, @bbqchicken those are some pretty good pics, and your right about eating pig all the time. Sometimes you have to do something different and the beef ribs were an excellent change of pace. I'm thinking next time they will be even better, that's the beauty of bbq! ;)

@fingerlickin not sure what they called your ribs, but they called mine beef spare ribs. I'm on a quest to get the beef ribs that go into the ribeye a bit, I've heard them referred to on the Brethren as ribeyes on a stick.....And I love ribeye:)

Nice work! I love beef ribs - gonna be doing some this weekend :whoo:

@fingerlickin not sure what they called your ribs, but they called mine beef spare ribs. I'm on a quest to get the beef ribs that go into the ribeye a bit, I've heard them referred to on the Brethren as ribeyes on a stick.....And I love ribeye:)

The package said "beef back ribs"

Beef ribs are the King of Ribs. Just wish the butchers would leave more meat on the beef spares.

Beef ribs are the King of Ribs. Just wish the butchers would leave more meat on the beef spares.

There was not a lot of meat on mine, kinda misleading when you buy them because you think you are cooking half a cow

I'm a pork rib fan all the way, but after looking at some of these beef ones you guys have done on here, I will have to try some soon.

I normally do my beef ribs at 225-250 for about 7 hours due to the thickness of the ones I find in my area.

Lots of connective tissue in those things, sure eat good though.

I normally do my beef ribs at 225-250 for about 7 hours due to the thickness of the ones I find in my area.

Lots of connective tissue in those things, sure eat good though.

I'm kinda thinking 225 actually might be a good # , started mine at 275 and they were cooking a little to fast for me so I dropped it back to 225 and finished them off. They were pretty much at room temp when I put them on, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. I think next time I do these I think I am going to put them on right out of the fridge so they will cook a little bit longer, I think that would help out in slowing things down a little bit. Funny how somebody wants to slow it down, when we are all on a quest to hot and fast a briskit, lol;)

Back