5:30 a.m What are you doing!!!!

kitts21

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well it's 5:30 and I am just getting ready for a pork butt. Wait that didn't come out right....:icon_blush:
DSC01073.jpg

Any way's on to the topic at hand. started with a 6.5# pork butt
DSC01071.jpg

Then coated with some mustard
DSC01074.jpg

Then some rub I threw together, just your basic stuff, I like simple
DSC01076.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

Just about time to go on, what a morning
DSC01080.jpg

UDS is ready
DSC01082.jpg

Onto the UDS
DSC01083.jpg

See ya in about 6 hrs. for a check up. Enjoy your day eveyone.

Looks good. Wish I was smoking instead of heading to work. :sad:

Looking good from Here!

I'll catch up with this in the morning!

Cheers!

Bill

I was on my way to work. Looks like you got a good start on that.

Man that looks good. It's 5:30 here and we are actually getting rain. It has been in short supply down south.

OH MAN! I have envy TWICE now. 1 - I am AT work already, not smoking butt 2 - you have a WEGMANS!

Man that looks good. It's 5:30 here and we are actually getting rain. It has been in short supply down south.
It hardly rained at all in July, but since the 1st of Aug. we have got a bunch. Yesterday and today are the first days with out rain forcasted in about 2 weeks.

OH MAN! I have envy TWICE now. 1 - I am AT work already, not smoking butt 2 - you have a WEGMANS!
Yes Wegamns does rule. I live very close to were it all started so we have them in plenty up here. You should see there beer department:whoo:

Looks like a great start to the day. Can't wait to see the results!

Wow...that looks great. Your rub looks great too. Please post the progress!

It is sad how much I think about BBQ....I hope my boss never looks at my most visited websites. BBQ Brethren will be blocked!

Nice butt Bigfoot. However it was the Wegmans label that really caught my eye. I miss that place.

Up at 0430'ish to kick on the Smoker.

Looks ABSOLUTELY DELISH!

Up at 0430 to turn on the smoker for a couple of small 'slabs' of meat coated with 'Big Ron's' Taste of Houston Rub. Out at 0630 to let same cool down for slicing .... into:

Next step was a largish pot of Mac and Cheese -just the boxed kind - (plus veggies and extra cheese's) and the sliced meat will go into that. May sound odd, but the combo (smoked meat and Mac) is a food group of the Gods. :thumb:

Not an original thought, got the idea off another Smoker Forum. First pass, reading same, was "What an odd combination?"

It's not!:clap2:

If you haven't 'been there/done that' give it a try.

But the use of yellow mustard/dry rub, THAT I have to give a try.

fae

Well checked on the butt at 2:00, it's been 8 hrs. looking good. Temp is holding strong between 250-300 deg.
DSC01084.jpg

And the butt is looking good also. Smells awesome :thumb:
DSC01085.jpg

Will be back for another update in a little while.

Back