wedding rehearsal dinner at vinny's

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

tonight, we are doing a rehearsal dinner for 45 down at vinny's bar & grille. i'm doing three beef tenderloins and 40 boneless chicken breasts on three eggs. this will be the first appearance of the RTD bbq trailer at vinny's! :biggrin:

vinnyswedrec-004.jpg

load em up!

vinnyswedrec-009.jpg

Sound like its gonna be a great time.... and look at how neat and clean that trailer is!

it went pretty well! except for the 7 dinners left in the warmer by the waitresses. everyone loved the beef :biggrin:

vinnysrehdin2-011.jpg

vinnysrehdin2-022.jpg

vinnysrehdin2-028.jpg

vinnysrehdin2-031.jpg

vinnysrehdin2-030.jpg

vinnysrehdin2-040.jpg

Nice job Rick. I always look forward to your pics!

thanks guys!

that was the first reception type party at vinny's. we hope to grow that 50 person private party branch of the business.

all the fancy tablescape was rented :biggrin:

vinnysrehdin2-002.jpg

the bar is to the left!

WOW RTD isn't perfect, wipe the sauce from the rim of the plate. I can't believe you allowed that to slip by you even for your pron.
:p

Just kidding, it does look nice and the trailer is cool.

i wasn't plating, man. i deliver to the kitchen and then i'm done. :biggrin:

and give us a break, man. it was the first time we've done something like that. 8)

Last edited:
Most excellent, dude. Great job.

Can we get more pics of your trailer? (sorry if I missed it in another thread)

Outstanding job! Looks really nice.

Actually, I'm glad to hear you didn't provide the plating service. Those mashed spuds look like they came from a school cafeteria with that 'scoop shape'.

Did you get any customer feed back?

Most excellent, dude. Great job.

Can we get more pics of your trailer? (sorry if I missed it in another thread)

here's the trailer

shrimpflatiron-045.jpg

Outstanding job! Looks really nice.

Actually, I'm glad to hear you didn't provide the plating service. Those mashed spuds look like they came from a school cafeteria with that 'scoop shape'.

Did you get any customer feed back?

everyone loved the beef. the potatoes were plated with an ice cream scoop. how would you have done it?

here's the trailer
everyone loved the beef. the potatoes were plated with an ice cream scoop. how would you have done it?

In that situation I also would plate with a ice cream scoop, (quick and easy) however I would then go back and flatten each scoop down a bit with the back of a flat spoon or spatula to give it a bit less 'scoop like' appearance. Just press lightly and twist about 45'. This is something I would do at the same time I wipe the plates JUST before they go out for service. We only do this for more formal events. It takes about 3-5 seconds per plate to do it, but makes a world of difference in the presentation.

Please don't get me wrong. Your food looks WONDERFUL! And, I'm sorry if my cafeteria comment sounded harsh. IMHO when we get to the level of a rehearsal dinner, which in my area is considered a formal event, there is an expectation on the part of the client for a more sophisticated and refined dining experience.

Based on your pron, you delivered 5-star quality food. I was simply suggesting a way to reach 5-star presentation to go with it.

Again, GREAT JOB!

thanks, man. i was seriously looking for tips. i'm not running the show there, so i kind of have to go with the flow :biggrin:

Back