Atwater Village Farmer's Market was AWESOME!

Congrats! Your point about it being "winter" is spot on. Even though we have year-round farmers markets, this is still a slow time of year for the vendors

Congrat's folks!! Sounds like you all are on a roll and it's just the begining.:cool:

Very nice write up and review except for the chicken. Do you think you over seasoned it??...... Will you change it up as a result of the feedback??. Just curious.

That was my fault. I left it in the brine too long. That will be corrected.

it appear you and wife have a great business, wish both of you the very best

Another big day in Atwater Village!

We were about $100 off from last week but it was still better than any other day at any other market. The Market Manager told me that we are already outselling all of the other food vendors. She said we were her stars!

Another lady said that she had eaten BBQ in Texas, Memphis and KC and she said that mine was the best she ever had. Made us feel good!

The rain kicked our butts this week. Folks just didn't come out. Only a little over half of what we usually do. We still had some regulars show up though.

The rain kicked our butts this week. Folks just didn't come out. Only a little over half of what we usually do. We still had some regulars show up though.
Nuttin' will stop a true BBQ'er....or a BBQ eater for that matter!

Do you ever have plans to sell bulk? Do folks ever ask if you have any bulk or by the lb.? Do you give any breaks for volume buys?

Do you ever have plans to sell bulk? Do folks ever ask if you have any bulk or by the lb.? Do you give any breaks for volume buys?

For the newer markets if you want to sell by the lb you have to have scales on the premises. We do sell ribs by the half ($10) or whole ($18). I looked at scales today. We will sell in bulk based on our catering prices which is usually $10/lb.

We start El Segundo tomorrow and the market manager there told me a lot of the customers like to buy bulk like whole briskets or pork butts. So we're gonna see how that goes.

For the newer markets if you want to sell by the lb you have to have scales on the premises. We do sell ribs by the half ($10) or whole ($18). I looked at scales today. We will sell in bulk based on our catering prices which is usually $10/lb.

Seen a few scales on Craigslist lately. Want links?

Does it need to be a certified scale? Around here it does and some dude goes around checking them. We call him the scale Nazi.

Does it need to be a certified scale? Around here it does and some dude goes around checking them. We call him the scale Nazi.

For one particular market it has to be certified and approved by the County Sealer of Weights and Measures. Who knew there was such a job?

Back