• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

ABT's - What say yee Brethren? How do you make the lowly picante carrying jalapeño pepper sing?

ABT Prep Preferences - you may select more than one choice

• Give me the Whole Pepper - Less the top and seeds

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • Boat Style - Row Boat Mod - Lose the stem and seeds

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Hold the Cheese - Cheese is just so Cheesy Mod

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Hold the Bacon - Alternate Blanket Mod

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hold the Pepper - ABT Fraud Mod

• Whats an ABT - Still Looking for Wood Mod

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no toothpicks for me... they just get in the way. and nothing leaks out of the boat unless you tip it over!

abtporkloin-003.jpg

abtnirvanaII-007.jpg

abtnirvanaII-006.jpg

abtnirvanaII-014.jpg

abtporkloin-020.jpg

Them are just too purty Rick! I'm a boat person as well. Cream cheese and usually some of my pulled pork, half a slice of bacon and a sprinkle of rub. Always stash some away some pulled pork for ABT's.

Boat method for me, do them many ways here is the one the family likes the best, got this on here but can't remember from who forgot to add the name and the honey is the secret ingridient
I also do them with Hab's there killers!

About 2lb. fresh jalapenos
2 8oz blocks cream cheese(room temp)
1C shredded sharp cheddar
1 heaping tblsp dry onion
1 tblsp. granulated garlic
some times 1/2 c or more Pulled pork or fine chopped little smokies
2 tblsp. Honey. (secret ingridient)
bbq rub some in some on
2 lb bacon thinner the better

OK I need visual aids for these ! please post them if you got them

I use thin sliced bacon which tends to stick to itself quite well.
Form a small pocket on one end of bacon strip by pinching and overlapping bacon on the end, think of forming a cone, and slide pointy end of pepper into it, then wrap and stretch, overlapping the bacon as
it encircles pepper and keeping it taut. Once it's at the end of the pepper, fold across to seal cheese in and continue to wrap back down the pepper until bacon ends.
The written word doesn't do the technique justice I realize. But once you do a couple hundred it gets easier.

Pepper Boat Wrapping Illustrated:
View attachment 16486

Attachments

• pepperwrapper.jpg
    pepperwrapper.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Thanks. Ya my family prefers it crunchy. Can you do these over indirect heat on a regular grill- Weber Kettle

Pepper Boat Wrapping Illustrated:
View attachment 16486

N8man,

Thats awesome work there , I appreciate the visual and am certain it will help countless of the ABT challenged people of this board and the world!

For the whole ones I haven't settled on whether it works best working from the point up, or going from the top down. Its that flap Ive the cheese ( cheese door mod) that gets me. Maybe I should just use a cut peace of bacon like I've seen, then wrap with a full slice. but I keep trying to do the flap then make a bend to start the main overwrap

That looks really good. I like the Webber. What are the modifications that you did on it?

You should try it with the same bottle you sent me it gives a real nice kick.:-D

I would stay away from this little bugger though...
aku8mv.jpg

I use about two drops in a pot of chili. I wouldn't go any more than that though simply because I love heat but I enjoy the taste of food beter.

I will Doc... thanks for the idea!:mrgreen:
I'll be picking another bottle up Friday...
I went by their factory while in KC a couple of weeks ago, but they were closed for the day.:mad:
Thought I might have access to their entire line of products.:mrgreen:

That is really a neat looking grill. Very nice job. Thanks for the pics. I like the pork butt with bacon on top. I have thought about doing that. What is a fatty? Have to excuse my ignorance

What is a fatty? Have to excuse my ignorance
One Variation of A Fatty, My Friend, Is a Roll of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage, or it's Equivalent, Stripped of it's Package, Left in Roll Form, Rolled in Rub, and Smoked Low and Slow until Internal Temp is 160*. Let Rest for a bit then Slice and Enjoy!!!!:-D
There are Multitudes of Fatty Varients, Stuffed with All Kinds of Goodies.
Try the search option in the Blue Bar at the Top of this Page and type in Fatty, you'll be reading for days....

Man! i am trying these!
what kind of wood are you guys using to smoke them with if any?

Back