Cook times with an Assassin smoker?

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So how long of a cook are you guys with Assassins getting on a full load of charcoal cooking around 250 degrees?

I'm also wondering if there is a drain valve for the drippings to go into or is it just on the inside cooker floor?

I have the Superior....more or less the same thing. There's a rail on the bottom of the cooker that a foil pan slides into to catch the drippings. We figured we got about 20 hours total cook time on a full chute of charcoal.

I got 18 hours out of a full load of charcoal cooking at 275. It would have gone longer but the meat was ready to come out of the smoke. But I've only cooked that long once since I've had my Assassin.

I get about the same unless I'm cooking in super cold weather. I didn't even use a whole bag of charcoal last weekend to cook a competition in the low to mid 30's at 275. There was a guy using a BWS Piglet who was burning through coals and in fact is switching to a gravity fed soon. He couldn't believe how little RO I used.

I am burning roughly about a pound an hour in my Assassin 28 right now and it's been farking cold here this winter. Very fuel efficient in my opinion. I does have a grease drain and on the bottom of the smoker there are two rails that will hold a foil pan to catch the grease drippings.

Back