SS-2 Cook for my nephew

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My nephew has enlisted in the Army and for his last weekend home before reporting for duty his parents held a party for him. I volunteered to provide some BBQ.

I started off the cook with 2 packers (15+ lbs and 13+ lbs before trimming) and 4 butts (8-9 lbs each). Top 2 racks with a brisket and butt each and 2 more butts on the bottom:

A few hours into the cook I foiled the butts and moved them to the bottom rack, butcher wrapped the briskets, and added 4 racks of ribs (3 baby backs, 1 St. Louis spare):

The cook ran a little long and in my rush to get the food off and up to the party I have time for any more cook pics. Once we arrived at the party, I was busy pulling, slicing, and helping out and only managed to get one pic of one of the briskets:

There was way too much food as my sister in law had cooked a bunch of food and other family members brought dishes as well.

My nephew appreciated my BBQ and my wife's baking so it was a win. Thanks for looking!

Great looking cook, and tell your nephew thanks for his service from and old retired USAF MSgt.

VR,
Harold

Thanks to your nephew for his service. Looks delicious John!

Awesome cook John! That brisky looks great. Damn that thing holds a lot of meat! Best of luck to your nephew :grin:

Looks like a great cook,and better yet sounds like you have some good leftovers. Tell you nephew his service is greatly appreciated .

Thanks everyone for the compliments and more importantly the thanks for my nephew! I've passed on the thanks and a link to this thread in case he gets a chance to check it out himself.

Way to fill that thing up! Looks great.

Awesome cook John! That brisky looks great. Damn that thing holds a lot of meat! Best of luck to your nephew :grin:

I rarely get a chance to cook this much Q so I took the opportunity to fill in up!

Great cook! I'm confident your eggs were lonely and jealous. :p

My Eggs understood :). Actually if I were to cook these same meats under the same time constraints again I'd probably have my Large Egg handle the ribs.

Looks like a great cook,and better yet sounds like you have some good leftovers. Tell you nephew his service is greatly appreciated .

I definitely have leftovers! We probably won't need to cook this week.

Back