• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Costco CAB Prime brisket--SoCal brethren step in..

You're a mind reader.:biggrin1: Yep! That's where I get my meat from exclusively bro. Can't go to the grocery stores anymore. The difference is night and day. Slightly pricey but well worth it IMO. Costco Prime briskets are great though.

Thats good to hear man. You and me both, the only place i get my meat is Costco or quality butcher shops, i will not buy meat from Ralphs, Vons etc. Regarding Harmony farms, Ive gotten a few butts and Kobe burgers from them. Do you purchase the frozen stuff? i found that all the meat they have outside are frozen.

Thats good to hear man. You and me both, the only place i get my meat is Costco or quality butcher shops, i will not buy meat from Ralphs, Vons etc. Regarding Harmony farms, Ive gotten a few butts and Kobe burgers from them. Do you purchase the frozen stuff? i found that all the meat they have outside are frozen.

Lol I cant go into Ralphs anymore. I always buy fresh. As soon as he gets it in he calls me and I swing by. Whatever I cant cook within a few days I freeze it myself.

Lol I cant go into Ralphs anymore. I always buy fresh. As soon as he gets it in he calls me and I swing by. Whatever I cant cook within a few days I freeze it myself.

I didnt really like their service but one day we just **** sh!t and the rest is history. Once you get know them and they get to know you theyre pretty cool guys. Its father and his sons and theyre mostly in the back "buthchering" away. :-D Family owned.

Resurrected!! Horrible news from La Habra Costco. My wife was in twice this week, with no luck. Tuesday the meat guy said they didn't have any in the back, but they get the Prime meat deliveries "midweek". She went again Thursday and found none. The meat guy said they get whatever comes in, in Prime grade, they don't order it. They did have Prime Chuck Roast @ $3.49 lb.

If any one is still finding them at their local Costco, please report where you find them. I was lucky enough to score 5 so far, 2 still in the freezer. Dang, they take up a lot of freezer space!

Only one of the three I have cooked was really great. I need to do better.

Good luck Prime Hunters! We will continue to look at the 3 or 4 different Costco stores that we frequent, and will put it here if we find any.

The costco on technology in Irvine had three in the case when I stopped in tonight after work. They also had prime chuck roast, tri tip, short ribs and sirloin roast. Two of the briskets managed to find their way into my cart again!

I didnt really like their service but one day we just **** sh!t and the rest is history. Once you get know them and they get to know you theyre pretty cool guys. Its father and his sons and theyre mostly in the back "buthchering" away. :-D Family owned.

I see, thanks bro.

Costco Los Feliz

Wow...this thread is still alive.
Was at the Los Feliz Costco (about 6 miles south of the Burbank Costco) this afternoon and they had two prime packers in the area where they keep their prime cut meats.
What's crazy is that they were still $2.59/lb. while the choice flat in the main case was over $6/lb, IIRC.

I've not seen them in the marina location but I didn't check the prime area, that might be the call. Regarding Ralph's meat, I swore off that a few months ago. I just got tired of the low quality I wouldn't buy it at any price anymore it's just not worth it.

Has anyone seen the prices on these???? i was at the Burbank Costco today and its at $6.99 a pound. WOW. i asked the butcher why it went up so high he said i think they were on sale when they were around the $2 mark, but i don't think thats that case.

I was there tonight too, but didn't see any. I just looked where they usually were. Guess I must have missed em. That's quite a hike!

Still got one in the freezer though!! :whoo:

My Costco (Fairfield, CA) has prime beef, but never brisket. In fact, they rarely have choice brisket and when they do, it's pathetic.

Envious of the SoCal peeps, though $7/lbs is a bit steep for prime brisket.

Lol I cant go into Ralphs anymore.

I'll beg to differ with you on Ralph's. The stores in upscale neighborhoods carry only Choice AND Prime beef, and their tri-tips are some of the best I've had.

My Costco (Dana Point) always carries prime brisket packers, but they do not carry bone-in pork butt :(
I actually got a prime brisket packer last weekend for $2.69/lb

The best I could do is find a 9# choice brisket packer for $3.99 lb here in Temecula (hour north of San Diego)
And same here on the pork butt only boneless

Wow that's quite a hike Wiz. I'm with Westy though since I didn't see any either last time I was in Burbank. Still have two myself:becky:

Was it the full Prime packer at 6.99/lb?

Yup.. It was. You darn guys got so much they realized it was a hot buy they took the prices up. Lol. Never got to get one :(

I'll beg to differ with you on Ralph's. The stores in upscale neighborhoods carry only Choice AND Prime beef, and their tri-tips are some of the best I've had.

Could be Moose. I guess it depends on their meat distributors for each region. The two near me are both Fresh Fare Ralphs' and while I haven't tried the Tri Tips I'm not too impressed with the rest of the stuff. Not trying to sound snobby or anything. The only thing I like is the dry aged ribeyes from there which were really good. They dry age it in house and call you once it's done. Good stuff for sure.

Wow...this thread is still alive.
Was at the Los Feliz Costco (about 6 miles south of the Burbank Costco) this afternoon and they had two prime packers in the area where they keep their prime cut meats.
What's crazy is that they were still $2.59/lb. while the choice flat in the main case was over $6/lb, IIRC.

I was just at the Loz Feliz Costco this weekend and I didn't see any prime packers. :(

Back