• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Shrimp fried rice in wok on Kamado Pr0n Fail

No salt and no butter.
Jed, before tackling fried rice, read up on making plain rice well.

I havent vetted these, but go look at some more and find your way.
How to Cook Rice - YouTube

How to Cook Steamed White Rice (Gohan) in a Pot (Recipe) 鍋でご飯の炊き方 (レシピ) - YouTube

I was the rice 3 to 5 times, strain, put into saucepan and cover with water till it reaches the first line in my index finger which I have put standing from the upper surface of the rice.
Or 1 rice to 1:25 water...which you can adjust as you adapt to the rice you are using.
12 to 15 mins usually, turn off and leave for 10 minutes, then fluff, cover again and leave for 10 minutes.
Will do. Thanks Again

best to go old school on rice, stuff that takes long time to cook. the minute made rice and such are not the best for stir fry......

t

+1 for rinsing uncooked rice, cooking plain (no salt or butter), and using leftover rice for wok cooking.

Here's some day or two old long grain in a recent brisket fried rice cook in my new 20" carbon steel wok:
IMG_4878_zps04c9eaac.jpg

IMG_4886_zpsd28aba2b.jpg

I used left over rice that I had in the fridge, washed it out and dried it, I used Jasmine rice and it was too soft I think. Next time it was suggested by the man down under, "Use Basmati"

I've tried to make fried rice with jasmine rice over and over and had the same problem. Basmati definitely holds up better.

Fried Rice with Minute Rice?

friedrice.jpg

And before anyone says Yech it was pretty good, I was reviewing the Imusa Wok and wanted to try a bunch of different recipes.

Your rice would have unclumped as it warmed and would have easily broken apart with your spatula. I use Jasmine Rice all the time for fried rice. Good luck next time.

Back