• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is your "go to" rib rub?

There ares soooo many good ones!

3Eyz
Yardbird
Oakridge Secret Weapon
Butchers Honey
Kosmos Killer Bee
Slabs ribs and pork rubs.
Smokin Guns Hot

Those are my go to rubs.

This may sound crazy, but Buffalo Wild Wings BBQ Chipotle dry rub mixed with John Henrys Sugar Maple Rub.

Kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper, granulated garlic and cumin.

I tried it on chicken and ribs, its by no means a bad rub but imho it wasnt anything special. Maybe I was expecting more since everyone hyped it up so much?

I tried it on chicken and ribs, its by no means a bad rub but imho it wasnt anything special. Maybe I was expecting more since everyone hyped it up so much?

My thoughts exactly. Only bought 1 shaker but will still buy another bottle because I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Otherwise my favorite is SM Cherry. The McCormick Grill Greats line has some good stuff available just about everywhere.

Oakridge BBQ secret weapon rub
Oakridge BBQ beef and pork comp rub

Surprisingly I only used Yard Bird on chicken and chicken hearts.

My thoughts exactly. Only bought 1 shaker but will still buy another bottle because I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Otherwise my favorite is SM Cherry. The McCormick Grill Greats line has some good stuff available just about everywhere.

I'm nota fan of salty rubs on ribs......that's why I leave Yardbird off my ribs.

Heck, the name alone is clue enough.:biggrin1:

Been using Big Ron's Hint of Houston a LOT lately. That stuff is bangin IMHO.

My go to rub for pork is SM Cherry. My kids love it! For the adults, I mix SM Cherry and SM Sweet and Spicy 50:50. Matter of fact, I'm just a backyard cook and I order SM rubs by the 5lb bag.

I'm not a fan of sweet rubs for most things. My favorite rub is no longer available. It was the original OK Joe's Hog Rub & Yard Bird Seasoning. They reformulated it with sugar and ruined it to my way of thinking. Even that is not available anymore as far as I know.

These days I use Woody's BBQ Rub that I get at Sam's.
http://www.buywoodyssauce.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=rub22

I started a thread a while back and met with some hostility and much indifference....Everybody...and I mean EVERYBODY I know has different taste preferences, not saying anything is superior. I like my pork somewhat sweet and my yardbird, my beef on the other hand I do not. Not a huge fan of overwhelming sage or rosemary. Again my taste preference. I still think a flavor profile guide for rubs and seasoning on here would be nice...I just discovered 3eye (considering what people call me is somewhat funny) and I love it. Yardbird is somewhat bland TO ME....again a taste profile would be helpful JMHO.....

Mix Head Country with Gates and add sugar in the raw. Makes a nice sweet and spicy combo. Going to start testing some new stuff soon.

Back