Wings on the OTG

VA-Dave

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Evenin' folks,

The wife and I wanted something quick tonight and since I've never grilled wings before, I thought I'd give it a shot. Nothing spectacular here, I'm kind of old school when it comes to wings. I usually buy fresh wings and brine, but I had a 10 lb. bag of Tysons, so I went with those.

On the OTG ( I love this thing):

IMG_0151_zps4f543874.jpg

About a half hour in:

IMG_0152_zps93101365.jpg

Off the OTG:

IMG_0153_zps20c1d0e7.jpg

I used Frank's thick hot sauce this time and I always use Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese:

IMG_0158_zpsa0b63d53.jpg

Throw in a rubbermaid bowl with Franks and roll. I let it sit for about 10 minutes to absorb the flavors:

IMG_0163_zpsa02132ba.jpg

Plated pic:

IMG_0164_zps899010e5.jpg

These were incredible. The wife loved them and she usually doesn't care for hot wings.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Man those look great! I have been craving hot wings lately. I think i just decided whats for dinner tomorrow

Grilled wings are phenomenal. I've tinkered around with different methods on my OTG and found the way I like them best are heavily rubbed, keep the two pieces together for easy flipping, setup grill for indirect grilling at 375, do a slight sear first, indirect grill, and finish with a reverse sear. I like mine cooked more with a good char. I then cut them in separate pieces when I take them off, leave some with just rub and sauce the rest.

Nom nom nom nom. I haven't done wings in a really long time. Off to the freezer :thumb:

Looks great, hope that the weather here holds out so I can grill something when I get home from work.

Looking good!
I like to throw them back on the grill after saucing to get it to set - I like my wings a little dryer...

Those kettles are a fine tool and it shows with those wings

Back