22" OTG CL score!!!

flyingbassman5

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just scored this baby off of CL. Gonna pick her up Thursday for $40. $30 for the pit, and $10 for gas to meet me at a halfway point. Practically brand new, almost like a show model!

Best score I've had in awhile! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 3J93Na3Hd5N75Le5F2d3jd9b352a5f61911c2.jpg
    3J93Na3Hd5N75Le5F2d3jd9b352a5f61911c2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 332
Thanks guys! I can't wait to get her home and get her dirty!! Been considering a OTS 22" but saw this OTG and for the price, I couldn't pass her up. Really gonna come in handy for the larger summer cook outs I've been recruited to do.

That is awesome. I saw in some other posts that you know your way around some cooks with venison in addition to many other meats. This will be a great addition. I have an original Mastertouch (forerunner to the OTG) and it has been a beef, pork, poultry, fish, and venison cooking machine for me for 15 years. You have the skills, now fill 'er up!

That is awesome. I saw in some other posts that you know your way around some cooks with venison in addition to many other meats. This will be a great addition. I have an original Mastertouch (forerunner to the OTG) and it has been a beef, pork, poultry, fish, and venison cooking machine for me for 15 years. You have the skills, now fill 'er up!

You sir, just made up my mind for the maiden voyage! Time to marinate a back strap!

Nice score!

I'm looking for one myself. I used to have one just like that before I moved. I kept all my extras (rotisserie attachment with motor, wok insert <- never seen anyone else with one of those, I wonder if they still make them?) plus the wife just bought me a sweet grill pizza stone, and since I'm upsizing the smoker I need a good grill for everyday. Time to dig those extras out of storage!

Is it Thursday yet?????!!! :drama:

I'm just excited to have a 22" kettle. I use my dad's old one a lot (EZ date code) but the lid has become so warped over the years that it won't sit on the kettle straight. Still love cooking on it, but a new one will be a nice change. Especially one I don't have to pickup to dump the ash out of.

So the kettle is home safe and sound. Just needs to be cleaned up.

Despite being only used twice, the grates are in rough shape. According to the seller, they were left in the kettle during a rain storm with the top vent open. My thinking is that the grates were not used enough to be seasoned and then when exposed to excessive moisture, rusted to high heaven. I'm not too concerned about the charcoal grate but the hinged cooking grate is pretty bad. I'll have to clean it and make a judgement on whether to buy a new grate or not.

My plan is to power wash the inside bottom of the kettle this weekend to remove the two cooks worth of ash that was never cleaned out. Other than the rusty grates and the gummed up ash, its in sharp shape. Can't wait to get her fired up!

Would love some before and after pics! :wink:

Around here in late August, Target has big markdowns on accessories, including hinged grates for ~$10 or less.

Back