• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Corned Beef on Everything Bagel Sammich

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I made a sandwich for lunch today and figured I would enter it in the BBQ Brethren "SPECIAL - Big Farking Sandwich" Throwdown!

I made some Smoked Corned Beef on my WSM Saturday as documented in this thread.

Now I like Reuben's and all, and I'm sure I'll make one with these leftovers at some point, but my FAVORITE sandwich with Smoked Corned Beef or Pastrami is on an Everything Bagel with lots of Mustard!:hungry::thumb::nod:

So here we go. Start with a toasted Everything Bagel...

r_IMG_1767_zps5a083488.jpg

Add one of your favorite mustards that you think pairs well. This one is a Dijon and the thought of it made my head all fuzzy, as you can tell from the photo.

r_IMG_1769_zps14932448.jpg

Now add some of the Smoked Corned Beef.

r_IMG_1770_zpsdc6ebb76.jpg

I think a nice Spicy Brown Mustard is in order for the next step...

r_IMG_1771_zpsef97a9e0.jpg

Mmmmmmm....Sauerkraut!

r_IMG_1772_zpsb2fb577e.jpg

It could use some more meat...

r_IMG_1773_zps966276a6.jpg

Some more of that Dijon...

r_IMG_1774_zps99e2c53d.jpg

Now these are some Bread and Butter Jalapeno Pickles that I made a couple months back. I made them by taking a jar of Bread and Butter Pickles and a jar of Jalapenos, then combining the Bread and Butter Pickles (with their pickle juice) and the drained Jalapenos, and then packing back into the jars. Because the Jalapeno juice was drained, there was a lot of space left that was replaced with Sugar to get the whole mix back to the original sweet level of the Bread and Butter pickles and to somewhat tame the Jalapenos and make them into Cowboy Candy. Once this mingles, the Jalapenos are some serious nommage on Nachos, and the Pickles are now even better than before for some major Sandwich excitement.

r_IMG_1775_zps96871110.jpg

I think a little more Smoked Corned Beef is a good idea, don't you?

r_IMG_1776_zpsae5133cd.jpg

Oh, gotta have more Spicy Brown Mustard.

r_IMG_1777_zps6b227455.jpg

Served with some Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper Kettle Chips.

r_IMG_1780_zpsa5920831.jpg

It didn't suck!:becky::hungry::nod::thumb:

Chris, you're killing me man. Lets make a big-O batch of pastrami this year at the Royal and make some killer sammies. My fav is everything bagels, pastrami and cream cheese. :thumb:

When I saw the first few pics, I thought that it's not enough meat, but then you made me proud.

KNOW THAT IS A SAMMY. . yOU HAD ME AT THE SECOND LAYER . THINK I WILL GO EAT SOMETHING :wink:

Back