Dangers Of Not Paying Attention (Not A Joke)

I've never done anything stupid when cookin; is always the cat. Oops, don't have a cat, must be squirrels. Thanks for the reminder.

+1 more glad you and everyone are ok and it worked out ok. Please, please, PLEASE be careful with and around fire.

And, FYI, there are still folks around here that will argue that using a smoker or a grill inside a garage (to the house) is just fine...

Fire is dangerous and unpredictable and should be handled very carefully and cautiously <-- this from a guy who nearly burned his face off (no, I'm not Richard Pryor)

It's great when things turn ok in the end. You get to laugh about it and most likely never live it down :wink:

@Wolverine & Yendor
The green stuff is grass that I have already had to cut twice this spring. It won't be long and I will have to deal with it every five days. The joys of living in south Louisiana.

@CD
Exactly right, at first I didn't realize it was still smoldering.

@Bluesman
That sucks.

To everyone else thanks for your comments:thumb:

Then when the wifey gets home I will have to tell her how I could have burned the house down.

Am I missing something here? Man code clearly states you do not have to confess to stupid things if the damages are under $65, no one was hurt, and there were no heirlooms involved.

Am I missing something here? Man code clearly states you do not have to confess to stupid things if the damages are under $65, no one was hurt, and there were no heirlooms involved.

Crap I completly missed that one.:noidea:

May as well tell her. You have no idea of how many stories my wife and kids bring up about my antics over the yrs. most are quite amusing :oops:

Don't feel badly. The fire's out, the towel was the only casualty, and you will absolutely be more careful from here on out. I'd say it turned out rather well. :wink:

Thanks for posting - always good to remember we are playing with fire, which can burn stuff. It's necessary to always have a fire extinguisher - handy and fully charged - nearby. Always.
This doesn't always work out.
I had a fire break out and my then blonde girlfriend panicked.
She picked up the fire extinguisher from the wall bracket and threw the farking thing into the fire.:doh:

Glad to hear all is ok and the only loss is a towel deff could have been way worse..thanks for reminding us of the dangers.. Sometimes we get busy and forget the dangers around us and they get by and dont always turn out as lucky as u did

Don't feel badly. The fire's out, the towel was the only casualty, and you will absolutely be more careful from here on out. I'd say it turned out rather well. :wink:

Hey Tish I just noticed your avatar is that a cookout gone wrong?

Thanks for the reminder that we really do need to be careful.

I try to work with being more than one mistake away from disaster. If you were cooking in the middle of the yard, one mistake destroyed a towel but had little opportunity to get worse. Do this on the porch and the results could be devastating. I'm moving my grills a couple more feet from the house after seeing your picture.

Thanks for the reminder that we really do need to be careful.

I try to work with being more than one mistake away from disaster. If you were cooking in the middle of the yard, one mistake destroyed a towel but had little opportunity to get worse. Do this on the porch and the results could be devastating. I'm moving my grills a couple more feet from the house after seeing your picture.

I here you Hank.
I was using this little thing that I've used for years
DSC01126.jpg

and I really didn't use my best judgment setting it up on the back patio.
I won't make that mistake again.

Ouch. Had a similar experience a couple months back. I made a smoke pouch for the grill. When it was spent, I took it out and sat it in the snow beside the grill. When I went out to grab the food about 20 mins later, the smoke pouch had melted through the snow and was smoldering on the decking. Needless to say, I have a deck board to replace this summer when it stops snowing.

Doh!

Don't worry, you're not going to have to tell your wife anything......you see....I called the Wolf. The Wolf is on his way to clean things up.....now....you feel better?????

Back