Question about a new tow rig

Gawd, I will probably get totally laughed at for this suggestion but here it goes:
Toyota Sienna minivan
If you get the correct year (2007?) it will come with the 3.5 liter V6 AND the engine oil cooler. Which means it will be rated at 3500 lbs towing. It also will have the same drivetrain as the Highlander.
Can be bought cheap used. Gets close to 25 mpg when it isn't towing. Also available as AWD if needed.

Gawd, I will probably get totally laughed at for this suggestion but here it goes:
Toyota Sienna minivan
If you get the correct year (2007?) it will come with the 3.5 liter V6 AND the engine oil cooler. Which means it will be rated at 3500 lbs towing. It also will have the same drivetrain as the Highlander.
Can be bought cheap used. Gets close to 25 mpg when it isn't towing. Also available as AWD if needed.

Uhh.. yeah.. thanks for the info, but I'm a single guy.. I don't need any help scaring the ladies off. :tsk: LMAO
What about the Highlander, good mileage?

Uhh.. yeah.. thanks for the info, but I'm a single guy.. I don't need any help scaring the ladies off. :tsk: LMAO
What about the Highlander, good mileage?

Totally wrong... Nothing says I am ready for a long-term committed relationship (with kids) like a single guy with a minivan! You will have random women showing up at your doorstep, especially ones with ticking biological clocks.

Ha! Their biological clocks can keep on ticking! I've got one kiddo and that's plenty!
If I say much more.. this thread might get moved to the WoodPile. :twitch:

Seriously, Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Hey Tex what's your budget/how much do you want your payments to be. That's the first question I ask anyone. We talking $5-$10,000, $10-$15,000? Knowing that usually helps narrow down the list. Also, if you buy a truck, does it have to be a 4 door with full size rear seats like the double cab Tacoma?

Hey Tex what's your budget/how much do you want your payments to be. That's the first question I ask anyone. We talking $5-$10,000, $10-$15,000? Knowing that usually helps narrow down the list. Also, if you buy a truck, does it have to be a 4 door with full size rear seats like the double cab Tacoma?

I need my payments to be about $250 or below.. and yes, if I get a truck a full back seat would nice, since I take 800 mile road trips to see family, and my 9 year old is in the back seat, would like for her to have some comfort.

Well I bit the bullet and bought a 2008 Equinox LTZ. Its got the 3.4 and a hitch. Rated at 3500lbs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Congrats on the new ride man, I'm sure y'all will like that. It'll be nice to have a covered area in the back with the hatch instead of a truck bed that's open. I bet it'll get good mileage too! Chevy's are good vehicles, my friends wife loves her Equinox.

I have an 01 Dodge Dakota 4 door 4.7 liter V8. I consistently get 19 on the highway and can tow a nice load. I usually get 13 or 14 with an 18 foot boat. Maybe you could find something like it, or find a Durango with the 4.7.

I have an 01 Dodge Dakota 4 door 4.7 liter V8. I consistently get 19 on the highway and can tow a nice load. I usually get 13 or 14 with an 18 foot boat. Maybe you could find something like it, or find a Durango with the 4.7.

I will never own a Durango, or probably a Dodge product again. I had WAY too many problems with it. If I was going to get something with a smaller V8, I would have been looking at trucks like I used to have.
So far, I've averaged about 22-23 mpg with this one. :clap2:
This weekend, I'll hook the cooker to it just to see how it does.

Good luck with the Equinox Tex. Sorry I asked a question and slacked on giving you any advice. Hope you enjoy your new ride!

I have a 06 Dodge Magnum and I get 20mpg when I am on the highway or driving around town. I also have a boat and utility trialer as well and I use it to haul them. When I am pulling a trailer mu MPG drops to 10 or 12 but I don't pull them that far. I save enough money on gas that is pays half of my car payment. I down sized from 02 F150 Supercrew 4X4 and I was only getting 10 to 12 mpg with it.

Good luck with the Equinox Tex. Sorry I asked a question and slacked on giving you any advice. Hope you enjoy your new ride!

No problem! It was one of those things where I needed to do something quickly.

The saleslady is also a BBQ'er and I thanked her for her tremendous help by giving her a bottle of my homemade BBQ sauce - which in this area all my friends think I should market it lol. I gave her the link to this site, I hope she joins!:-o

Here it is. Definitely not going to pull it very far very often! But for what I do, it will work.

IMG_20130315_182728_793_zps74438431.jpg

Back