Major Disappointment

Experience has shown me that if you work with something long enough it will fit.
I bet a 4" angle grinder could fix that pizza stone in a hurry : )

I know, right?!!!? That's exactly what Harvard said. "Baby, I could grind the points right off that thing. It'd fit perfect in no time." This is why I love my guys. They all think in terms of the power of their tools! Gotta love it! lol :thumb:

Nooooooo.
Domino's don't make pizza. They make sweet and savoury pastries, pattisseries, flat round danishes.
No pizza.

You guys are starting to give me the idea that Domino's is a four letter word around here! :heh:

:crazy:
I don't understand. I thought the Brethren solution to a problem such as this was to: "Get a bigger smoker!"

Uh oh! lol :eusa_clap

Have absolutely noooo idea what you are talking about.

I know this is how all you guys end up having 27 different smokers in your yard! I have a tiny little patio with a table for 6, a bunch of chairs, that big weber gasser, the Keg, and a gigantic X-pen for the 3 papillons on it. There's no room for any more! (I realize these are probably 'famous last words', but I have to at least make the attempt to look like I'm resisting!) :roll:

trish, the Egyptians built the pyramids using heat to break massive stones into uniform blocks.
If you get a tub of cold water ready, and get some lighter fluid and some twine that absorbs liquid (so not nylon etc) and soak the string, tie it over the corner at the angle you want it to be, light the string and wait till it burns low, dip the stone into the cold water and tap the corner section, it should break perfectly along the string line.
Do this on each corner and it will fit.
:idea:
Although looking at your avatar choice, maybe you are not the right person for this job.:shocked::wink:

trish, the Egyptians built the pyramids using heat to break massive stones into uniform blocks.
If you get a tub of cold water ready, and get some lighter fluid and some twine that absorbs liquid (so not nylon etc) and soak the string, tie it over the corner at the angle you want it to be, light the string and wait till it burns low, dip the stone into the cold water and tap the corner section, it should break perfectly along the string line.
Do this on each corner and it will fit.
:idea:
Although looking at your avatar choice, maybe you are not the right person for this job.:shocked::wink:

I just read this to Michael, and he said the Army taught him to do this with glass bottles to make "shaped charges", whatever those are. Something tells me I don't want to know. lol

And you're right... this would not be the job for me. But that's another post! :heh::pray::becky::tsk::roll:

Experience has shown me that if you work with something long enough it will fit.
I bet a 4" angle grinder could fix that pizza stone in a hurry : )

Thats the way to go.

Tish, it would even be easier if you get an 1/8" thick masonry cutting wheel. Hot knife through butter.

Thats the way to go.

Tish, it would even be easier if you get an 1/8" thick masonry cutting wheel. Hot knife through butter.

Actually, Harvard was looking at masonry cutting wheels tonight because he wants to tile over one of our brick fireplaces down in his man cave. Don't encourage him. :roll:

I'm wondering if we couldn't just put the pizzas on the smoker the same way we put them in the oven. :confused: We put them on parchment paper and laid them right on the oven grates. :idea:

mikepizzapeeloven.jpg

They were very easy to manuever that way, and the paper didn't burn. :bow:

mikewpizzagrin.jpg

Made some great little pizzas that way! Mine was bacon and pineapple on mozzerella, monterey jack, and pepperjack cheese. :thumb:

tishspizza.jpg

This one was Harvard's. lol He had a little trouble trying to make his pizza round. :shock::doh::becky: Great toppings, though! :thumb:

harvardspizza.jpg

Michael ate his classic pepperoni...

mikepizzabigbite.jpg

and then went out to celebrate!

mikefireworks.jpg

Tonight is his 2-year anniversary. He's halfway through his enlistment. Just gotta hold tight for 2 more years and we're home free!! :clap2:

mikedressuniformkitchen.jpg

When he comes home next Christmas, we'll make pizza again on the smoker. Just thought you all might enjoy seeing how much fun we had today, even though we were making them in the oven. :mod:

Thanks, Marty. We had a really nice time, all of us cooking in the kitchen at once. lol We made the biggest mess, too! We made the 3 pizzas, a huge bowl full of chicken/broccoli/farfalle in garlic and olive oil, yet another apple crisp, and the funnel cake batter for Michael's breakfast tomorrow morning before he leaves. I'm willing to bet good money I sleep well tonight. :wink:

Thanks, Marty. We had a really nice time, all of us cooking in the kitchen at once. lol We made the biggest mess, too! We made the 3 pizzas, a huge bowl full of chicken/broccoli/farfalle in garlic and olive oil, yet another apple crisp, and the funnel cake batter for Michael's breakfast tomorrow morning before he leaves. I'm willing to bet good money I sleep well tonight. :wink:

Good for you! Life is short. Cherish the moments.

Trying, Marty! Trying really hard! :-D

Tish, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Glad you were able to spend some time with your son. Please thank him, again, for his service. He is appreciated. And so are you.

Tish, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Glad you were able to spend some time with your son. Please thank him, again, for his service. He is appreciated. And so are you.

How sweet! Thank you TY~DY! I will definitely let Michael know you wrote. He has read every single one of the responses here, and was very touched by them. :-D

Remind him that there are people in many nations who feel the same about him and his service, we all cherish them and worry till it is over and all our people are back home safe.
Looks like a really nice bloke too, well done tish!

Remind him that there are people in many nations who feel the same about him and his service, we all cherish them and worry till it is over and all our people are back home safe.
Looks like a really nice bloke too, well done tish!

Thanks, Bucc! I know he really appreciates the support from the allies. And I wish you could know him. I mean, he's my son and all, so I can't help but be prejudiced, but he really is a fine young man. He's always looking to help people in trouble, and will fight like crazy for the underdog. But he reminds me a lot of Santa Brethren in that he's very quietly generous. Kid probably didn't say 20 words the whole time Santa was visiting us, but I know he didn't miss a thing Santa said or did. It made an impression, and I'm glad of that. :wink:

Back