How is Wicked Good Weekend Warrior?

Mass. Wine Guy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a few bags of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior charwood directly form the company. I understand the charcoal pieces are large and great for long burns. Would it be a pain if I wanted to do a shorter burn or more of a hot grilling situation?

Thank you.

Great charcoal. Excellent for hot grilling. Low ash. When you're done shut the grill up tight and smother the burn. The extinguished coal remains intact, can be stirred without falling apart, and used for next cook. There are so many huge pieces I find myself breaking them into smaller pieces.

Wicked Good of course and wicked expensive. I switched to RO lump due to cost and I can buy the WG locally. I even got a few bags of the competition blend before they discontinued it and it was even better.

I liked the older mix, I believe they have changed the wood they used. I would buy some and use it for smoking rather than grilling. The shipping cost me more than the product. :roll:

Wicked Good of course and wicked expensive. I switched to RO lump due to cost and I can buy the WG locally. I even got a few bags of the competition blend before they discontinued it and it was even better.

Not sure where you're buying it...but I can get a 22 lb bag for $16.99 here. I used RO until I realized I could get a much better product for about the same price.

If you can find some one that can go in on a whole pallet with you, it is a big savings in the long run!!!

WG is around $24 for the 22 lbs bags in these parts and the distributor is right here in Maine.

Wicked Good sells direct for $13.50 per 22 lb. bag. Maybe they allow buyers to pick it up. Where in Maine are they?

Most all the charcoal I see where I am is Cowboy. Is the RO Walmart sells the chunk wood or briquettes (the latter I don't like)?

Their distribution center used to be in Maine, but is now in Holyoke Ma.

Guess I didn't notice the last time I checked the web site. I did notice that they had quite a few less retail store than they use too.

Love the stuff - we have had amazing luck with it both personally and professionally.

Wicked Good sells direct for $13.50 per 22 lb. bag. Maybe they allow buyers to pick it up. Where in Maine are they?

Most all the charcoal I see where I am is Cowboy. Is the RO Walmart sells the chunk wood or briquettes (the latter I don't like)?

For that price it's a no brainer. WG hands down.

Great stuff! Heard they are planning to move there distribution center to Virginia to have better distribution capability. Hope that makes it cheaper for me in Florida.

You farkers on the right coast are lucky to get it. WG for me would involve a huge shipping charge, so just burning real oak is the only alternative:p!

Back