pork loin,judges help

douglaslizard

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
practicing pork loin for next weeks gba comp other than the fact the cuts need to be cleaner,and the glaze is splotchy what would you rate this.
008-2.jpg

Last edited:
i dont know what gba rules are, i know more about kcbs, do they allow greens? if so i'd recomend using them, they are not required but it makes the meat look better when resting on a noce green leafy bed.

I'm a GBA judge and you already know the two biggest problems with the box -- cleaner, more uniform cuts & splotchy sauce. A couple other suggestions:

Right side, third from bottom humpback slice. Also, next slice up looks like you had to cut part of the side off. You want a uniform shape on all slices. You have to put at least 6 slices in the box. While judges like to see a full box, a odd shaped slice will hurt more than a less than full box.

Left side, second from top, dark spot. Again, better to leave it out & put less in the box.

If you have to go with fewer slices to keep a uniform look, make a bed of small cubes of loin or frame the slices with half inch square chunks to make the box appear fuller. If you use chips or cubes, be sure to season & sauce them as well. Judges are instructed to sample the chips/cubes as well as the slices.

For trekmstr, no garnish is allowed in GBA.

Back