• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Drumroll Please. The MOAB.

Good idea, Phil, to put in the reminder to wrap.

So....what's that white stuff on the ground?

So, are you going to use either of the Kloses for competition or is there another rig being planned?

Go figure. Even a stupid fark like me knows that you have to tie something like that down or it rattle all around and get busted up. There are sure a lot of losers out there that take no pride in doing a good job. It sounds like that is not the case at the Klose factory. :D

Very, very nice! Obviously you put a bunch of thought and dreams into this one. You could have put Brian inside to monitor the shipping and then he could help you test her out.

willkat98 said:
Those slabs of ribs look tiny.

They even look boneless from this angle.

nope.. the pit is just REALLY REALLY Big.. those are full slabs of spares. 8)

BAG3 said:
Very, very nice! Obviously you put a bunch of thought and dreams into this one. You could have put Brian inside to monitor the shipping and then he could help you test her out.

Well, it is about as big as the....traillllerrrrrr

Cooker's lookin' good but ya need some rub on those skinny a$$ed boneless ribs! :wink:

Damn!!!! Almost reeled him in with a Spicewine Smoker.

The Big one that got away MOD!!!!!

Congrats brother !! Many years of happy cooking to you.

CosmicCookin said:
Cooker's lookin' good but ya need some rub on those skinny a$$ed boneless ribs! :wink:

Bacon.... baconnnnn bacon bacon bacon bacon
BACONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

and BTW.. it had some head country on it.
8)

So what was my day like.. you ask?? .. lets just say i didn't get much work done. :)

Day was speant out in the driveway, getting the wood to dry... cooked up 5 lbs of bacon, in 1 lb clips. do u know how fast u can eat bacon one slice at a time when neighbors are coming by cause the whole street smells so good??? .. anyway.. 5 lbs of bacon. 3 fatties, 3 chicken boobs, a small package of wings, 4 vidalia onions and 10 shell steaks.

Tomorrow will be a couple salmon fillets(thanks Tim):) some country ribs and whatever else i head to costco for.

The pit performs great. Very even temps.. hot spot is similar to the vertical in the BYC. Bottom shelf is coolest, hottest is directly below the chimney, one shelf down from top.

It pushed over 450 degrees with a chimney of lump and 2 splits. 1 oak, one hickory. Once the coalbed was there it ran at 250 for nearly 4 hours before needing a reload for a coalbed at 210. Used up a log or 2 of cherry in the meantime. 2 scoops of lump and a log got it back up to 300 and closing the damper halfway brought it to 250 again. it works well enuf to hold 210-250 on a very very small fire....once stuff gets hot.

Pit performs excellent. I ran it the entire day without the waterpan. It seems to big. i think i may modifying it a bit, but will try it with the waterpan tomorrow and see what it does.

One of my neighbors came over while i was sitting in the drivway, enjoyin a sliced shell steak smothered in bacon and onions. Had a beer in my lap, feet up on the shelf to the cooker,, life was good. Its been a long winter, felt good to hang out, catch some sun and tend a fire for a few hours. I forgot how relaxing that is. I really was just kicked back, something i didnt intend on doing today, and havent done in a while. It amazing how the swett blue can mellow ya out. :) Gelnn came over, we shared the steak and onions.. he sampled the fatties.. then was heading home and stopped,,, thought for a minute and said.. ..."after eating THAT.. i have to go home and eat some CRAP my wife is going to make fro dinner.. thats just not right.... ". I suggested a costco run.. :) told him grab a prime rib or some steaks and I'll cookem up.

He was back in 25 minutes with 2 4packs of shell steaks!!!. and i get to cook some more. :) made up 6 more steaks for him in the chamber.. grilled 2 over the coals. All in all. a great day.. instead of working at my desk and delaing with meetings.. sat outside.. just me and the smoke. :) and a bigass new Mother of all Banderas. :)

willkat98 said:

Those arn't ribs, they're flatties. How long do you cook a flatties Phil?

No need for 3-2-1 I'm sure.

And just what the fark is a shell steak? Ya get those at a Shell station I suppose? :roll:

BigdogSmoker said:
willkat98 said:

And just what the fark is a shell steak? Ya get those at a Shell station I suppose? :roll:

Shell Steak, NY Strip, KC Strip. All the same. The same cut thats on the big side of a Porterhouse. Thats whats in the above pic.. 6 shell steaks. I dint make no stinkin ribs today.. just bacon, steaks and fatties and a couple boobs.

Samichlaus said:
That thing is impossibly cool.

What are the dimensions?

cooking chamber is 26x26 square 48 inches high. 7 inches clearance between each shelf. 676 sq inch per shelf, 4056 sq inchs total cooking area. Bottom shelf can be interchanged with a water pan, a food grate or a coal grate. Bottom of the cook chamber is 26inch pipe. firebox is 26x26 square 20inchs high, with 3 height adjustments for grilling. .

I smell like smoke. :)

The firebox is lower & heavier. Seems like a good thing.

That thing has a small footprint for such an amazing capacity.

BBQchef33 said:
BigdogSmoker said:
willkat98 said:

Shell Steak, NY Strip, KC Strip. All the same. The same cut thats on the big side of a Porterhouse. Thats whats in the above pic.. 6 shell steaks. I dint make no stinkin ribs today.. just bacon, steaks and fatties and a couple boobs.

Phil, don't call them bacon, they're flatties...they are what you eat while you are waiting for your fatties to finish cooking. (think of them as prefatties)

oh sheet.... I didnt even read that right... Yup.. they be flatties.:) and i ate a whole boatload of em.. one at a time. :)

Back