First brisket is rubbed and ready to go

rw02kr43

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I got it all rubbed down and it's going to sit for a few hours. Then onto the UDS.
Wish me luck

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

Jason

time

yeah probably about 4am. Whenever the dog wants to get up more likely.

Jason

Good luck!:cool: Looking forward to finished pron if you have time to post those!:thumb:

It's been on now since about 8am. How do I know when to pull it off? It's getting dark. My probe says it's about 190. But it doesn't go in and out as smooth as I have been told it should.

brisket

It finally got to a place where we felt we could eat it. Messed up on the rub big time. It was charred black and tasted like salt water. To me anyway. The inside wasn't bad. It had the flavor right. But was dry. So, overall not bad for a first one, but not what I was hoping for either. Sorry for the bad picture quality. Bad light or something.

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

Jason

Sorry to hear it wasn't the best. Brisket can b e tricky to get down, but practice helps.

That looks like a lot of salt in the rub from the first pic. You might want to add some more black pepper. It mellows out with all the cooking. Done be afraid to go half and half on the salt and black pepper.

It was a lot of salt. I used a lot of salt, then a seasoning I used had a ton of salt in it too. I know not to do that again now though.

Too bad...next time you're gonna nail it.

next time

yeah I hope so. It will be a while before I try again. First, it's expensive. And 2nd, I need to get rid of that salt water taste in my mouth.

Jason

Sorry it didn't turn out :( I'm still dialing my brisket in and they can be tricky. Looking forward to seeing your next attempt :thumb:

pwa

Back