Anybody ever wash their bbq gloves?

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My high heat gloves are getting pretty nasty. Anyone ever wash them is there a special way to?

Great question. My gloves are getting pretty grotty too so I was thinking it was time to get something sorted out, cleaning wise.

Looking forward to some serious help here.

Mine have only been used a couple times. But I see this coming in my future. I am thinking washing is ok, but the dryer probably a very bad idea, LOL!

just pulled mine out of the dryer - have washed them multiple times but mine are fabric not those silicon type.

I guess it depend on the gloves. I use the Black Knight insulated gloves that have a felt lining on the inside. I put them on my hands and then wash them like I am washing my hands. I don't get the inside wet. Some friends helped us clean up at a competition on year and submerged the gloves without us knowing and they ended up moldy inside.

I just spray mine down on a hot day and then let them sit out in the sun to dry.

I guess it depend on the gloves. I use the Black Knight insulated gloves that have a felt lining on the inside. I put them on my hands and then wash them like I am washing my hands. I don't get the inside wet. Some friends helped us clean up at a competition on year and submerged the gloves without us knowing and they ended up moldy inside.

I always wash on my hands fingers pointed to the sky. Works great, no problems.

I put them on get the hot water flowing squirt a little dish soap on one and wash my hands dry on a dish towel and back into the drawer. Sometimes I just wear them while doing dishes that works good too.

Wash my hands while wearing my silicone or rubber gloves. If you meant high heat gloves that you handle the non-food stuff with, I just buy a new pair when they get nasty. Mine are cheap welders gloves and I'm not sure how to wash them, but they only cost about $6.

I have the black meat gloves if u will -- cloth lining....I throw them in the washer all the time. I then turn them about 2/3 of the way inside out (up to the fingers) and toss them in the dryer, works fine

Back