Christmas gifts - what did you get?

BBQ-wise I got Michael Rulman's Charcuterie "the craft of salting, smoking and curing" book and some cash money to spend at the local meat shop back home.

Other goodies include a Nikon D3200, couple photography books and camera accessories. Should be good eats and plenty of pr0n to come!

I was extremely spoiled this Christmas.

- Vince Wilfork red throwback jersey. I am a lifelong Pats fan.
- Nook HD+ tablet.
- The new Batman Trilogy on blu-ray. Awesome

BBQ Gift!
- A neon sign that i can hang from my tent at competitions with a neon pig and my team name. This is awesome!!

Nice! I love me some Wilfork! ! And I love the red throwbacks!

Among other things, an apron.

Photo1-97.jpg

Got my first paycheck :D

Sent from my Nexus One using Jelly Bean CMX.

The wife got me the Traeger digital thermostat upgrade and a new bbq apron!

The in laws got me a new duck call (Echo Calls Meat Hanger) engraved with my name!

From my future son in law, who is showing some promise, fish sauce. Korean bbq sauce and something I have never had, Indian inspired Vindaloo simmer sauce which I am told is extremely hot. It seems to be a recurring theme in this thread, but my daughter got me a 5 quart lodge pot, and some silicone tipped tongs. One of my sons got me some kingsford charcoal and some hickory chunks, I got him some royal oak lump and hickory chunks, all so re-gifted a set of bbq tools which is only one set of several I have been given and never opened, these were about 6 years old. We also got a Roku which is the only electrical device any of us received this year and I am loving it.
Dave

My Wife and I just moved into our new home (Closed Nov 1st) so the in-laws bought me a new gasser. Its Master-Forge 3 burner w/ an Infrared Sear attachment. My dad actually has one and it does a pretty good job on steaks (I believe the IR attachment can get a little over 700 degrees) so i'm excited to use it this spring.

Along with that i got a Lowes gift card and some misc stocking stuffers. I plan on using the GC to finish modding my ECB and finally take it on a test-run :cool:.

Got my first paycheck :D

Sent from my Nexus One using Jelly Bean CMX.

Congrats intel415! My first one after a long layoff came in about this time last year. Sure is a great feeling.

Santa brought a new to me Smokey Joe Gold, new set of tongs and a silicone pot holder. Guess I'm saving up for the Maverick 732 myself. All in all a great Christmas.

Got a Fissler 6.4 Quart Pressure cooker, 2 racks of Berkshire Pork baby back ribs, gift card to Four Firkins in St. Louis Park, MN and the wife and I decided on and ordered a new Leather couch, chair and ottoman.

Now I don't have to boil my ribs, I can just pressure cook them!!!

Food related, I got a 5.5 quart enameled Dutch Oven...three different booze infused vanilla extracts: vodka, whiskey and tequila...some John Henry rubs...and a mandolin. I see some scalloped potatoes in my future!

I got some socks. :roll: But the kids are hooked up.

At least I didn't get another grill brush.

Back