Aaaaaah! My Eyes! humor

Yah. I hate anchovies. Doesn't mean they can't make a decent ingredient in a recipe...

Seriously. Smoke, then caramelize some onions, jalapenos and garlic in olive oil to start...add some molasses and vinegar...

Last week I wanted some glaze for my ribs,was a bit too lazy to spend lots of time on it.
I had some lePhtover homemade Italian tomatosauce...mixed in some applecider vinigar,sugar and some heat...it was killer!

Can't see why this wouldn't work...we can turn sh!t culinairy...right?:thumb:

Not everything must be made from scratch all the time. There are other things that can be done in life besides preparing food all day every day.

Then again, I have been on a diet, so this may sound like sacrilege.

Nope. You and Phubes are right. Cheats exist for a reason, and sometimes there's nothing wrong with them at all.

In protest to the move to wp I will be making sauce tonight based on tomato soup. I will start a Q talk thread about it. Don't the mods dare and move, this means war.

Wtf. Moved to the pile? We were about to get past the funny and into real sauce discussion. What would have happened if pitmaster T thread on simmering bbq was woodpiled? Come we let the crockpot thread go.

Why not just PM a moderator and ask about it instead of questioning a moderator's decision publicly? You may want to read our rules about that.

I'll move it to QT, but the thread title specifically states that it is intended to be humor, hence the move to WP.

If it gets hijacked in QT, guess where it goes?

The mods here are nothing like the BLM in Nevada.:thumb:

Nope. You and Phubes are right. Cheats exist for a reason, and sometimes there's nothing wrong with them at all.
Cheating is the American way!:thumb: The Louisiana purchase and the war with Mexico are two good examples!:-D
Well worth it though, we now have Tex-Mex and crawfish gumbo to enjoy as a result!:wink:

Well there goes the joke about trying to make sauce out of grilled cheese sandwiches. :mad:

I've made a really fantastic sauce that is mostly ketchup. I don't see what's wrong with using tomato soup as a base.

You do have a point, Chris. But, I understood why it got moved to WP and assumed that the title itself was enough to do so. I know the OP didn't intend to generate an actual discussion, I don't think, but when I read the opening, I thought to myself that the idea of using the tomato based concentrate actually could work out quite nicely, or at least make an interesting experiment. Bringing gtr's post into it, the soup was often served with grilled cheese sandwiches when I was growing up. Making me think to perhaps marry the sauce to smoked then fried bologna on a cheesy grilled sandwich...

OK, now I want one.

No,

^^^^^^not afoul. This is why we ask folks to read the header for each forum and use it decide where they want to post their thread and what sort of reaction and information they are hoping to get from it. :thumb:
Not that I'm counting, but the other thread was moved to Road Trips as it is basically a "review" of a restaurant on wheels.:becky:

Don't sweat it.

Bob

See what you did Guerry You were born to be in Q Talk I do like this idea and tomatoe soup and grilled cheese is a Great lunch

Ever look at four color offset printing on glossy newsprint periodicals from the 50s and 60s? SCARY colors.

We're on page 3 and I still haven't seen the actual recipe for making BBQ sauce with tomato soup. :becky:

http://www.campbellskitchen.com/recipes/all-time-favorite-bbq-sauce-24431

What You'll Need

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce (optional)

How to Make It

• 1 Stir the soup, vinegar, oil, brown sugar, Worcestershire, garlic powder and hot sauce, if desired, in a medium bowl. Use the soup mixture to baste chicken, hamburgers, ribs or steak during grilling. Discard any remaining soup mixture.

Back