• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is your go to wing rub and sauce?

Our SuperBowl wing gameplan...

Little late to order but Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death dust is awesome.

Jeff

My son really likes them hot. I just picked up a bag of OakRidge Habanero Death Dust for his....going to put Frank's w/ butter on his.

plowboys yardbird. thank me later. :thumb:

The rest of the wings will have Plowboy's Yardbird and then finished in their 180 Sauce, Jack's Old South Tangy and a teriyaki sauce that I can't remember the name.

My mojo wings - Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head & either doctored up Blues Hog or SBR/Honey/Pineapple Juice

I love this stuff on fresh pineapple that we grill....never actually tried it on meat of any type, though I've thought it be great on pork chops :blabla:

I've got to come up with some other stuff to go with our pre-game wings and chips n' salsa. Maybe halftime ribeyes. Quick and easy....no game time missed !!!

Man I can't believe that nobody gave Mad Hunky Hot Whang rub a shout out!
I hit mine with worchester, Harley's championship BBQ rub and hot whang. Cook @300-350 and mop on some franks red Hott buffalo at the end. Hott Whang Heaven

I am partial to APL's wing rub

2 TBS Ancho chile powder
1 TBS Hungarian paprika
1 TBS firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 tsp dry mustard
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp coarsly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

when a nice char is developed, mop with Franks Hot Sauce/butter

Light sprinkle of Tony Chacherie's Creole and lemon pepper, grill indirect/direct until crispy, toss in Frank's and butter with a couple of good shakes of Sriracha.

For the "we HATE hot stuff!" rest of the fam, I use Kikkoman/Kroger brand Teriyaki glaze (the thicker stuff), cut down with a little orange/apple juice and some Chinese five-spice powder. Mix & heat on stove until warm, then toss wings with sauce in a bowl. Funny, but there are never any leftovers!

for rub all I've used is the Myron Mixon chicken and have had good success

As far as sauces I love a lot of them but use mostly ones from 2 local eateries

Quaker Steak and Lube Atomic
Quaker Steak and Lube Arizona Ranch
Winking Lizard regular BBQ
Winking Lizard Spicy Garlic

I am going to smoke mine Sunday with a light dusting of rub that I used on shoulders and ribs. Then right before serving will sprinkle on some hot sauce and then flash fry... :) Mmmmmmmmmm

Guy Fieri's Firecracker Wings are hard to beat. Just go easy on the fresh ginger, it can be a little overpowering. Overall, a really nice combination of flavors.

I am partial to APL's wing rub

2 TBS Ancho chile powder
1 TBS Hungarian paprika
1 TBS firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 tsp dry mustard
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp coarsly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

when a nice char is developed, mop with Franks Hot Sauce/butter

I cook wings A LOT using that rub with Texas Pete wing sauce, with a heaping tablespoon of fresh chopped garlic in the sauce.

I rub with plow boys fin and feather. Smoke then grill. Then 1/2 cup of franks 2 tablespoons of butter 1/4 cup brown sugar and a tablespoon of lemon juice. It's sweet hot and awesome!

Our go to now is half n half extra virgin olive oil and Oakridge's Habanero Death Dust letting the wings marinate for three days (An accidental discovery but it works great) in the fridge. This allows excellent penetration of the HDD into the wings themselves. Then onto the kettle indirect 'til done. Really great for thighs too.

The best buffalo style sauce I've ever found is Sean's BooYah! Wing Sauce.

http://www.seansbooyah.com/stuff.html

The Creeper is awesome if you like it hot. But my hot and other people's hot is not the same, so when I'm cooking 'hot' for others, I need to use the Sorta Hot. If you are cooking for a diverse crowd, even the Sorta Hot will likely be too hot for them and go with the Not So Hot.

Ya know, I just never thought of seasoning a day or two before cooking wings.:doh:

Gawd, I love this place! Thanks All!

Marinate overnight in Italian dressing with added cayenne, cinnamon and paprika. Smoke or grill indirect then dress with Tabasco Red, Tabasco Green and Tabasco Caribbean Style Steak Sauce. Such a unique taste and blows my friends away every time. I made these in college for tailgates and years later I still have friends that want me to cook them for Bears games.

Back