Did Spare Ribs Yesterday - I like!

insurroundsound

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So, I attended a rib class this past weekend. First of all, wanna thank Smitty of Eggs By The Bay, here in the Bay Area, who taught the class. Also, had the privilege of getting some helpful insight from his assistant coaches, including fellow brethren, R2Egg2Q.

So yesterday, I tried my hand at the "3-2-1" method, putting into practice what I watched done over the weekend. Must say....i like them spares done st.-louis -style....although one rib cooked a lil quicker than the other one [must have had a hot spot]...the fam enjoyed the finished product. We were too lazy to make any sides, so ran to the local KFC for some goodies!

Attachments

• IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 239
Man... Those look spot on!! Awesome job! :clap:

Cheers

Looks good from here too!

I have discovered that there is plenty of time to make sides while the meat is cooking. I like to make my coleslaw at least a day in advance to let it marinate.

Those look great! :thumb: They're getting me all worked up, and I have to wait for the weekend for ribs. :mad:

Thanks, guys! I tell ya...it's been fun "practicing" on the family....so far, I've been trying store-bought sauces (BluesHog original for this one)....gonna eventually try making my own...but I had a chance to try the BluesHog Smoky Mountain sauce at my rib class...AND IT'S REALLY TASTY!...gonna try that one next.

Wait until you have fun making and trying your own sauces. Your friends will rave over it. I took a couple of simple sauce recipes and put my twist on it by adding and subtracting in accordance with the pallets of my family and friends. Have fun. Oh by the way, those ribs look excellent.

How do we know that you didn't buy the ribs from KFC, too? :-D

Oh wait... They look too good to be from KFC! :becky:

Nice job on the ribs!

Very nice looking ribs! I'd love to take a class like that from someone who really knows their stuff.

Nice...I have to try me some spares done st.louis style. Now if the damn weather would cooperate. Seems overtime I want to smoke, it wants to shower...:doh:

Damn they look good. And im with you on the sides. Sometimes i love making them and other times i dont feel like it and buy my favorites.

I gotta say those ribs look to good to be served with bought sides..I understand tho cus I get wore out but still crave Que and thats the next best thing

Back