• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Cook: Pit Barrel Cooker (pics)

so I assume you adjust the air intake closed to get the PBC down to the 225-230 range?? How well did it hold for you at those temps?

Great reviews John and thanks for all of your information. The PBC needs to be in my arsenal......:wink: Now just have to find a way to explain this one to my wife. When I add up what it cost me to build my UDS, with time, parts and running around involved this is a no brainer. Especially with the coupon code for $104 off.

P.d., cooker looks good and the food coming out of it looks great.

Do they happen to make (or any plans for) a mini?

Seems to be a pretty good demand for minis. I'd buy one.

P.d., cooker looks good and the food coming out of it looks great.

Do they happen to make (or any plans for) a mini?

Seems to be a pretty good demand for minis. I'd buy one.

No, they only have the 30-gallon model (which is pretty "mini") and I know of no plans for them to offer other sizes.

John

so I assume you adjust the air intake closed to get the PBC down to the 225-230 range?? How well did it hold for you at those temps?

Yup, I'm not a low-n-slow cook, but you can damper it down, although I don't know why you'd want to.

John

Just wanted to say thanks to P.D for his reviews and information on the PBS. Mine arrived Saturday. First cook was chicken it took 3hrs due to I tried to cheat on the charcoal. It was all I had so went to lump. Turned out great, this thing has a different taste than my egg, Mak 2 star or weber. Got rid of my uds long time ago. Don,t get caught up in the hype, but if you want a new cooking toy this thing is the bomb. Been reading the other threads and what a lot of different personalities there is on here, but a lot of good cooks. Again thanks John. Now find us something else to cook on but wait a couple of months so I can get the hang of this one.

I have no idea, but I'll be using wood in mine. :becky: I see absolutely no
reason not to, and I will ask Noah about it today.

John

Hello P-Daddio, did you ever get a chance to ask about using wood chunks in the barrel? also, have you used any wood chunks on your cooks with the PBC?

Also, you mentioned cooking at lower temps in the PBC (another post in this thread) and wondering if you did this by adjusting the intake or with a different method lighting the fuel?

thank you.

think im gonna go buy one before the discount code expires.

Hello P-Daddio, did you ever get a chance to ask about using wood chunks in the barrel? also, have you used any wood chunks on your cooks with the PBC?

Yes, I have used chips, chunks and Mojobricks and all work well. Just go easy.

Also, you mentioned cooking at lower temps in the PBC (another post in this thread) and wondering if you did this by adjusting the intake or with a different method lighting the fuel?

Yes, as with any cooker, you adjust the temp via the intake. With the PBC you
need both rods in for a lower-temp cook, even if you're not using them.

think im gonna go buy one before the discount code expires.

Do it!

John

Back