UDS up on bricks ??????

Paul B

is one Smokin' Farker
I have wondered of late why everyone, me included, put their drums up on bricks??? Other than the obvious i.e., killing grass, hot spots on wood decks, is there a scientific or practical reason???

Thanks,

Paul B

Ummm....no. :)
I have wondered of late why everyone, me included, put their drums up on bricks??? Other than the obvious i.e., killing grass, hot spots on wood decks, is there a scientific or practical reason???

Thanks,

Paul B

Thanks,

Paul B

Nope...just the obvious ones...:wink:

Those are all pretty practical reasons.. I do believe that airflow beneath the drum helps to control temps though..

I built a stand for mine and the drum seemed to run a little hotter than it did when it was up on blocks, so I ended up cutting a hole it the bottom of the stand..

I keep mine flat on the ground havent burnt the grass yet.

Well, the left tire was getting bald as hell. The right front wheel was bent on the rim a little where Sadie Sue run over a log trying to get away from the Lizard Man. So what we did was parked the old S-10, it still had two good wheels, and parked the UDS. We put them both on blocks so we could have a full set of wheels for the turbo TA that was sitting back there on blocks. Now we are cruising for a hot woman with enough money to take us out for BBQ plates.

lol Hugh! :lol:

I use a regular ole drum dolly....

101_9882-1.jpg

I like it cause I can roll the drum around to where ever I need it. :-D
(also, it was free)

Well, the left tire was getting bald as hell. The right front wheel was bent on the rim a little where Sadie Sue run over a log trying to get away from the Lizard Man. So what we did was parked the old S-10, it still had two good wheels, and parked the UDS. We put them both on blocks so we could have a full set of wheels for the turbo TA that was sitting back there on blocks. Now we are cruising for a hot woman with enough money to take us out for BBQ plates.
Complete with Mullet?

I just did it cause I saw everybody doing it here....+ I like the looks of it when the UDS stands on bricks.:cool:

Attachments

• SP_A0875.jpg
    SP_A0875.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 239
Proof, before and after. I know I shouldn't be sitting on that fresh paint but I'm so cool I couldn't help it. It was just to pose for the pic.

after.jpg

FirebirdBanditonTransAm.jpg

These guys were ticked off, they live in the UDS now, I gotta go get some charcoal.

possum.jpg

I put the bricks(clean new concrete pavers) on the inside for better temp. control. We also use dollies for ease of movement. Steve.

Back