Favored Brisket Temp range

What is your average TARGET cooking temp for Brisket. NOT INTERNAL, the house temp

• 180-200 Fopr total smoking NOT ring set

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 225-240

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • 250 to 325

Votes: 51 63.0%
  • 330-350

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • 355 to - anything below 425 BLAZING SPEEDS

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody think it's curious that 3 of the 4 ranges are 15-20 degrees wide, and the one that the vast majority fall into is 75 degrees wide?

Skewed poll.

Much more fair mod this way.

There is a reason its that way. It has little to do with skewing the results and its due to the accepted realms of norm that have been discussed for years or that have been published.

Last edited:
42BBQ - I finally found a use for the UDS the other day. I had 4 butts frozen that were smoked and and 4 more raw. I had a quick call to make a crap load of pork tacos. I mean like the day before. Luckily I had the presmoked.

I chopped fist size chunks and boiled the four raw butts in a strong spice stock with onions and peppers too, quick thawed the other for smoked ones. combined them for maybe a two hour simmer and then plopped them my huge flat grill when I was outside for show and to get another carmelization on them.

They were so good I could see me makin money on the street every day selling these and only needing to smoke a few (which could low smoke while I am gone) every other day in a UDS.

depends on what flavor profile I am looking for, what I have seen on my cookers is the flavor is better 275/325 however the texture of the meat for slicing is different than when I cook at 225 /250...
also, depends on the cut, I assume your are talking packer here and if going higher I leave fat cap heavier or if cooking at or under 265..then I trim most of it off..also the skrinkage rate is higher with the faster cooks....something like jumping in a real cold swimming pool....lots of skrinkage...

I am chinese in China. Our tradition is always "over well done"
None chinese believe in my low & slow smoking.
I usually set smoker at 250 F, when the meat reached to 140F, I keep the meat at 140F for 10 hours! By water smoking, it is juicy and tender.

Back