De Soto, Kansas (Oct. 12-13, 2008)

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Anyone else here going to this contest? It's our final one of the year. Gonna be a tough one with the Slabs, Four Men and a Pig and Pellet Envy there, among others. I believe it's 35 to 40 teams.

Not cooking but thought about coming out to see everyone.

The Pickled Pig will be there (#37). According to the web site they have 2 of the 40 spots left.

I have to cater a wedding rehearsal dinner Thursday night and reception on Friday night. Maybe I'll bring the family out on Saturday to get pumpkins and honey. Zimmerman's honey is the best I've ever had.

Not cooking but thought about coming out to see everyone.

If you do, bring charcoal... but only for me! I need SOME kind of advantage! :lol: I think three bags will do. If not, hook up with me earlier this week.

Paul, see ya there! Are you entering the chili contest as well? I guess we are.

If you do, bring charcoal... but only for me! I need SOME kind of advantage! :lol: I think three bags will do. If not, hook up with me earlier this week.

I have a good feeling about this one, Jeff! You go, girl!

For those teams doing the chili cook-off for Kookers Kare....I will be donating homemade corn bread! See you Friday night!

Paul, see ya there! Are you entering the chili contest as well? I guess we are.

You don't need any advantages...you're a better chef. What we need is for you to leave your 'A' game at home to give us amateurs a chance.:-D

I guess we're doing the chili. It's people's choice and I never would have signed up for that had I known (more marketing than cooking). Our spots are away from the main event so we probably won't have the traffic to support it. At least that's what I'm gonna say if we don't win.

Have you heard of the presentation rules for the sauce competition?

KC Bobby be sure to look Paul and I up with the Pickled Pig. We are a little short staffed this weekend and might even put you to work.:)

We need to figure out how to get Four men and a pig to leave his A game at home. I do not think Mark has a "B" game.

KC Bobby be sure to look Paul and I up with the Pickled Pig. We are a little short staffed this weekend and might even put you to work.:)

I'd be very interested in coming out to help out. So far, good things happen when serve as runner and all around helper - 2 comps combining for 4 calls and a GC. :rolleyes:

I've sent the comp an email asking if they still need judges, so if ya need me I'll cancel that.

I'd be very interested in coming out to help out. So far, good things happen when serve as runner and all around helper - 2 comps combining for 4 calls and a GC. :rolleyes:

I've sent the comp an email asking if they still need judges, so if ya need me I'll cancel that.

We need you. You're resume is impeccable. If interested you're hired. PM Lee or I for details if you're really interested. :-D

I have a good feeling about this one, Jeff! You go, girl!

Slaughterhouse Five (Royal Reserve GC)
The Slabs
Pellet Envy
Four Men and a Pig
Several others...

I wish I had the same good feelings about it, Todd. :lol: Oh well, maybe my chili will do well. I think two Brethren have used my recipe to win chili cookoffs but I have yet to compete with it. Watch me suck bad with it! :lol::roll:

You don't need any advantages...you're a better chef. What we need is for you to leave your 'A' game at home to give us amateurs a chance.:-D

I guess we're doing the chili. It's people's choice and I never would have signed up for that had I known (more marketing than cooking). Our spots are away from the main event so we probably won't have the traffic to support it. At least that's what I'm gonna say if we don't win.

Have you heard of the presentation rules for the sauce competition?

In 2005, they gave you a styrofoam cup if I remember correctly. Just pick a commercial sauce, dump honey in it and call it good! :lol:

I was stuck in western Kansas during the Royal (still bummed). I haven't been around here that long but I want to come out and see if I can get some pointers. Friday evening of course.

Jeff what time will the beer be cold???:p

It'll be cold when I get there around noon. There just won't be a lot of it! :lol: I gotta bring my A game for Paul's benefit! :lol: But you're welcome to partake if you come out. If you plan to stop by Friday, it might be easier to feed my charcoal addiction when you get there instead of meeting up earlier this week. I have a chitload of stuff to do and I'm still tired from the Royal and blew off tonight. :roll:

I will call you tomorrow. I can always deliver to your office again.

Loaded and ready to rock tomorrow. Gotta put in 4 hours til 11:30 before heading over to the comp but it's only about 15 minutes from my office. Better bring the A game with Four Men and a Pig, Pellet Envy, Slaughterhouse Five and Slabs.

Back