2 Part Chuckie Cook (pron)

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Albertsons had Chuck Mock Roasts ( I asked what Mock meant and Meat Dude showed me a BIG 7 Bone Roast and said one side was The Normal Roasts and other side was Mock Roast?) on Special for. $2.98/ lb so I had to grab a few . Part 1 -- Smoking 2 in the Kettle with SmokyNador 3.0, on Top of Taters n Onions for 3-4 hrs with KBB/Hickory Chunks --then it's All going into the Crock Pot with some Carrots--Part 2 . Tomorrow nite's Dinner oughta be Good! :wink:

null_zps36ccc60f.jpg

Last edited:
what is a Chuck Mock Roast? is that where they take a bunch of scraps and glue them into a roast? looks good otherwise.

I edited above but Meat Counter Dude told me on a 7 Bone Roast one side (Big Side) was Chuck Roast and the other Side is Mock Roast ?

Lookin good, were you too excited in that last pic?

Can't wait to see the finish here.

Wow, this is looking GOOD! I'm interested in the taste you hit, I'm really interested in an alternative to our traditional pressure cooker pot roasts and this looks like a really good alternative. Staying tuned in:popcorn:

Ironic, I'm cooking the same thing tonight(chuck roast on the grill). Look great. Hope mine turns out like yours.

That's a similar process to Pepper Stout Beef (which has recently become a favorite around here.) If you have more of those roasts to cook I highly recommend giving that a try.

WINNER WINNER ROAST BEEF DINNER!!!!
We Do a lot of crock Pot Dinners thru Fall n Winter including Roasts but I will NEVER EVER Crock Pot a Roast again without a few hrs Smoke First (if I can help it)!!

Pulled Pan of Tater, Onions and Roasts off Smoker last Nite after 3.5 hrs ( I had puit a good dose of Generic Steak rub on Roasts and taters) and let it cool on counter for about 1.5 hrs then put all in the removable CrockPot Pot with the carrots and put in fridge Overnite- this morning at 7am I put the pot in Crock and filled with beef broth and put it on Low for 12 hrs. Mmmmmmmm We are Lazy and use Package Gravy but I use the Juice/broth from the crockPot instead of water - really helps Pkg Brown Gravy!

null_zps5d7e1e73.jpg

null_zps9ac449dc.jpg

null_zpsf13a9e76.jpg

Nice! I brought leftovers as well and got compliments on the aroma from everyone I passed.

Back