smokin in the junction, Des Moines

Ken V

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just want to wish good luck this weekend to all the Brethren competing in this contest. We will be there, look for the BabyGotBack BBQ banners and stop by.

Ken

Hey Ken,
We will be there as well. Albino Rhino BBQ, stop on over for a beer.

Chris

Kind of feel like I'm wasting my money after seeing the team list. Ok, that's every contest for me :icon_shy We will be there bright and early. See y'all on Saturday.

Swine Assassins-it was in the email that Brian Sweeney sent(the same email that confirmed they recieved your entry). There are 60 teams this year! It is great to see that this contest went from 20ish in its first year as a non-sanctioned to 2 years ago to 60 this year. See you this weekend

Where on the website is the teams that will be there competing?

Jim & Mark
Raccoon Flats
Truebud BBQ
Steve O's Barbie Q
Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton
Woodward BBQ
We Like Big Butts BBQ
Bones, Butts & Beer
Woodchucks
Stew's Q
T.A. Que
Smokin' Turtle BBQ
Swine Assassins
Jaestar BBQ
Let the Flames Begin
Political Pork
Baby Got Back
E&D's BBQ
Let's Kick Some Ash
Buffalo BBQ
Tex's Style
2 Shay BBQ
Templeton Rey Woodfellas BBQ
A Boy & Hiss BBQ
Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
Albino Rhino BBQ
Omaha's Blowin' Smoke
Iowa Outlaws BBQ
Smokey D'sWannabee's
The Wicked Pig
Meat Sweats BBQ
Bonz-N-Brew BBQ
Smoking Addiction BBQ
SPITFIRE
Grills Gone Wild
Pair O' Dachs BBQ & Brews
Dirty Pig BBQ
Jarbs
Egg Drop Soup
Porchy's BBQ
David C. Wagner
Four Mile Smokin' Crew
Boyles KC BBQ
Pork Co. BBQ
Ponderosa BBQ
Smokin' Timber
Gothic Town Grillers
Big T'z Q Cru
The Meatholes
Klassy Crew BBQ
Grill 'N Out
Smokin' Bandits BBQ
Ribs 4 U
Uncle Bubs BBQ
Dig In Cookers
Farmboy BBQ
Dry 2 da Bone
There's No Place Like Smoke
Lucky's Q

Here is the list that Pat is scared of :boxing:

Wife is throwin' my money away on a Florida vacation this week. And she demands that I go with her.
Good Luck all.

Pat, we'll see which is more important. Our rub or your trim work. The Pork number is 172. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Good Luck to all. I have signed up to judge, but only listed as an alternate right now.

Wife is throwin' my money away on a Florida vacation this week. And she demands that I go with her.
Good Luck all.

Pat, we'll see which is more important. Our rub or your trim work. The Pork number is 172. :)

Do you ever work? :becky: Have a great trip!

What was that rub combination again? :icon_shy

Pat, I just got confirmation today that I will be able to compete. I was on the waiting list.

Pat, I just got confirmation today that I will be able to compete. I was on the waiting list.

Sweet! Sounds like a team or two have canceled in the last couple days. If you need help unloading when you get settled just give me a ring.

We are trying to keep it simple. Thanks for the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning helping with what ever they tell me to do. Maybe I'll be checking you in or checking your meat.....:shocked:......errrr.. inspect.......errrr....just making sure you have the right cooking product.
I'll stop by for a beer after I'm done with everything.

Ray

• Thanks
I'll be visiting Saturday & judging Sunday. It's my first time at this contest :becky:.

• Thanks
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I won't make it down till Sun. morn. Will be a visitin after judging.
Ed

Bubba-Q's from Ottumwa was a last minute entry for Smokin' in the Junction. Good luck to all.

Hey Ken,
We will be there as well. Albino Rhino BBQ, stop on over for a beer.

Chris

Chris, I couldn't remember who was a forum member so I didn't get a "true" chance to meet you but I did indirectly.
I was the younger one that did the meat inspection for ya. And I also was directing people to their spots when the gates opened. What a mess! I was told by the organizer how to park everybody and didn't see him for a few hours later.
Anyway....I think you still owe me a beer..:wink: See ya around.

Ray

Chris, I couldn't remember who was a forum member so I didn't get a "true" chance to meet you but I did indirectly.
I was the younger one that did the meat inspection for ya. And I also was directing people to their spots when the gates opened. What a mess! I was told by the organizer how to park everybody and didn't see him for a few hours later.
Anyway....I think you still owe me a beer..:wink: See ya around.

Ray

Parking at Valley Junction has been kind of crazy the last 2 years. This year was definitely better than last year. Nice meeting you...indirectly :) I 'll save the beers for the next contest!

Back