View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

I've been in all kinds of work environments and seen morale go both directions. Always this seems personality driven. It only takes a couple bad apples to make things miserable. On the other hand it only takes one driving personality to bring people together. Seldom do new managers actually come by and talk, get to know your work and you personally. I find the places with highest morale have people doing things together outside of work. Bringing people together (like this) helps to get conversations going in another direction that can help people bond. Another great way is to ask people to help. It makes them feel important and they will bring pride in what they do.

Where I am now, we do a potluck a couple times a year and I think it really brings people together -- food always helps people bond. People take pride in their cooking and it is an opener. Of course our new, super-enthusiastic secretary took charge of cutting up my fatties and ribs I brought in last time. She said everything looked and smelled delicious, but she said she couldn't eat pork anymore. I assumed it was a digestion thing. Turns out she acquired a horrible food allergy the last couple years. To make a long story short, some of the juice got on her hand, and she couldn't breath and lost consciousness. Yeah, I almost killed our new secretary, and I didn't want to ask her about her not eating pork 'cause I thought it just made her gassy and didn't want her to be embarrassed It'll be beef and chicken I bring in next time!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote