That is one fantastic looking salad, Ecode!

WOW nice entrees!!!!!

Would Cole slaw count as a salad?

My Throwdown entry is just your average, everyday, plain old, good old fashioned MOINK Hole Salad...on bread to be eaten as a sandwich. Details can be found here.

MOINK_Hole_Salad2.jpg

It is similar to other meat salads like chicken salad, or tuna salad, or even ham salad. The primary difference is that I used MOINK Hole for the meat instead of those other so called meats. I also chose to used chopped banana peppers in place of relish.

It was actually very tasty!:thumb:

Insalata di Calamari a la Griglia

Beware the squid........

I seperated the heads and the tails (?) and marinaded them in olive oil, lime juice, a myriad of spices and some fresh thyme. I grilled them on a medium fire until opaque and with a nice flavorful char.

pulpo3.jpg

The calamari were placed on a bed of mixed greens tossed with a basalmic reduction. Served with an olive, feta relish.

pulpo1.jpg

When I came home from the store with a pound of squid, I was met with resounding boos from the 'under 9' United Brethren Anything Disgusting (UBAD), Local No. 6. I ate one of the tenticles right off the grill and dared the boys to give it a try. Guess what?! They liked it. Will wonders never cease.

Thanks for the challengin throwdown. :boxing: G'night Bruces.

I dusted the shrimp with a touch of olive oil, then sprinkled them with
a nice coat of Tonys Creole seasoning. I grilled them till they were
just firm.
After plating the salad I poured a little Sweet & Sour sauce on them,
and on the salad; along with a bit more Tony's Creole seasoning.

Those two simple combinations provided a very nice array of flavors.
It was Sweet, Spicy, Sour, and full of flavor. The taste turned out
much better than I expected, and the picture turned out worse
than I wanted....but; that's life.

dscn0006.jpg

Amber,no zero for you! All the salads look great folks. Thanks for the ideas.:thumb:

Moink salad sandwiches or is that MOINK salad sandwiches? I guess it depends if they've been certified. Is there a regulation MOINK-hole? Good call with the banana peppers ... mmmmmmmmmmmm!
The MOINK Hole has been run by the IMBAS a couple months ago, and the idea was certified as MOINKable. I never asked about the MOINK Salad though, so it may not be true MOINK. I haven't asked either.

The MOINK Hole has been run by the IMBAS a couple months ago, and the idea was certified as MOINKable. I never asked about the MOINK Salad though, so it may not be true MOINK. I haven't asked either.

IMBAS is pretty strict about fillers. My guess is that the banana peppers would disqualify it. And what about the binder? If you held the moink salad together with bacon fat as a binder, that would probably be acceptable, but I suspect mayo would be a no-no. You know what sticklers they are.

Back