Creator of the "Stoven" on the radio show tonight...

C-Town Smoker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
During the 2nd segment I will be joined bbq innovator John Stoven...inventor of the “Stoven”. This unit retro-fits to your existing 22.5” Weber Kettle grill and allows it to become a pellet smoker. Pellets have been growing in wild popularity both on the competition circuit and in the backyard. This product looks to corner a market segment that already has an existing kettle grill in their backyard and add to its versatility. John will talk about how he came up with the idea, how it compares to other more traditional pellet cookers, price point and he will answer your questions as well. You can find out more on the “Stoven” by visiting http://www.thepelletbbqgriller.com

In the 3rd segment, I will be opening the show up to the Centralites!! If you want to talk about your favorite part of the show this year or guest or whatever else you want to speak on than this is your time to light it up!! Also, last week I told you about the contest to win the prize for this week. You needed to make up your best spoof of CSI Miami and give it to me live...or email the copy to me and I will act it out for you! Winner of the best spoof will win a special prize!

During the 4th segment we will giveaway a two pack of Pee Dee River Swamp Sauce.

The show airs every Tuesday night at 9pm EST on http://www.latalkradio.com

Call-In: 216-220-0966
Email: bbqcentralradio@gmail.com

Last edited:
Greg, the stoven looks like a great piece of pit gear. I'll be listening for sure! :-D

Greg,

The link to the Stoven doesn't seem to work...

Can you ask him if I can trial test one? I've even got credentials... I've been using pellets since 2000.... :wink:

Look forward to it Greg!

Scottie

A Stoven with a Rib-O-Lator rotisserie would be amazing on the 22 WSM! :-D

Attachments

• stover rol wsm.jpg
    stover rol wsm.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Is that a real item there or is it photoshopped??

Greg, It's a real stoven on a 22 WSM with the rib-o-lator photoshopped on top because I do not have access to a Stoven. However, it will work just like that as soon as the new WSM version of the rotisserie ring by Cajun Bandit and the kettle version of the Rib-O-Lator comes out (late January for the rib-o-lator.) This setup will give you capabitities only found in pits that cost a lot more money.

Dang getting close to the cost of a FEC ;)

22 WSM = $300
Stoven = $450
Rotisserie ring and motor = $140
Rib-O-Lator = $90

Total = $980 vs FEC100 = $3,595.00 (no rotisserie though)

FEC300 (with rotisserie) = $11,500.00

The wink at the end of my post indicates ;)
I was teasing you :)
The smile shows I am now joking with you :)

Thom now you want to get one. I could have used it in AZ. this year. Oh yea it was a good show.

I thought John did a good job tonight...made some good comparisons between the Traeger JR. and his product...plus, and most importantly...the price is now $399 vs. $499....NICE!!

Back