2018 Texas Fall Bash Planning

Yep that is correct.

Some are hitting a few of the restaurants in the area a day or so before but I can't make it there that soon. Vacation time is wiped out. Seriously love for you to make it. Hotels are near by.

I will really start to plan the beginning of October for number of Friday night attendees! I will call HEB plus two weeks out to order rib roasts for dinner!

Friday night rib roasts? Damn, I need to figure out my schedule. What time do things wind down on Saturday? Any Sunday activities?

Friday night rib roasts? Damn, I need to figure out my schedule. What time do things wind down on Saturday? Any Sunday activities?

The sign up sheet says breakfast, lunch, and dinner so probably go till dark. I have to hit the road early Sunday morning so I will very sadly head back to the travel trailer around 5 pm Saturday to start breaking stuff down so I can leave out early Sunday morning.

Some are hitting a few of the restaurants in the area a day or so before but I can't make it there that soon.

Who's coming down when? I was planning on flying in Friday and staying part of the following week. Are folks coming in earlier? Would love to hit some que joints with some fellow Brethren. I might need to change my vacation time.

We are planning to make a trip of it to hit some of the places in the Austin/Lockhart area. I am not sure of the dates but we will try atleast a few days (4-5) down there.

This thing Still Happening.? I'm a try to make it then......... :twitch: I wont know till last minute if I can come down Fri. morning for hitting Q joints.......
Any camp sites left?

Last edited:
Who's coming down when? I was planning on flying in Friday and staying part of the following week. Are folks coming in earlier? Would love to hit some que joints with some fellow Brethren. I might need to change my vacation time.

Me the wifey and Gretta are planning to arrive Thursday afternoon/early evening. Will probably just concentrate on tt setup and finding some fast food and beer drinking to wash the road grime out of my mouth. Planning on hitting HEB Friday morning for the rib roasts and various sundries.

Thinking about logistics (may have missed this, or forgotten it), planning my trip and, hoping things don't change at work:

The bash is in the "Frank's Pavillion" area isn't it? Does the Texas Parks annual pass cover this area or is it a Core of Engineers area covered by its pass or the National Parks pass? Temple isn't too far away with bad traffic, is it?

Any other extraneous issues or concerns like road construction or Football games to consider?

TIA,
Sid

No park entry fees. Construction between Troy and Temple should be just 10 minutes slower unless there's an accident. Plenty of back roads west of i-35 hit 317 and will take you almost directly to the bash. There's 2 parks around Frank's, which they renamed Dead Fish, we'll be at the one right next to the damn. Only us locals remember it being Frank's. Have you been there in the past?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Still planning on being there. Got a friend coming too. Wife and kid MIGHT be there, but I think they are going to go down to Austin and hang out instead.

Friend wants me to bring Beef ribs, so I might be bringing a few racks of short chuck ribs.

Still planning on being there. Got a friend coming too. Wife and kid MIGHT be there, but I think they are going to go down to Austin and hang out instead.

Friend wants me to bring Beef ribs, so I might be bringing a few racks of short chuck ribs.

Don’t bring any Ants.........

Have you been there in the past?

Went to the Belton convention hall (might have been the fairgrounds) once about 25~30 years ago. Otherwise, basically a blink or two as I drove past on I-35. Thought about the Texas beekeepers convention there last year but, couldn't make it.

Get Signed In ASAP Please!

:mod: 71 Days till The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash! :mod:

Please go ahead and get signed in on the sign up sheet!!
It's the only way for all to know who and how many are attending the 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash. We want to be sure that everyone cooking or bringing something to share has an idea of how much to prepare or cook. If you want to attend and not cook that's great! Just please let us know that too.

If you like just post, on this thread, a head count and if you are bringing anything to the Bash or coming to hang out. Also let us know if you are bringing a cooker and if you think you have room for others to cook on it. I will sign you up on the google sheet link in my signature line.

Thanks,
Hotch :mrgreen:

Back