Need a new charcoal grill. What to do what to do?

I'm really surprised pk doesn't have a "large" grill. Man I don't know. I would love a 26, just don't know how it would hold up after drilling. The mounts on the table are semicircular so I'm sure a 26 would fit. Height isn't a concern since I'm tall, a higher cooking surface would be ok.

You may not like this setup, but I have my 26 kettle sitting right next to this. Works great!!
TRINITY EcoStorage Stainless Steel Table - 24" x 24" x 35” - NSF https://www.costco.com/TRINITY-EcoS...-24"-x-24"-x-35”---NSF.product.100036154.html

Check Craigslist in your area for cheap Webers to use as a replacement in your Performer knockoff. You might even find a reasonably priced Performer, I see them frequently in my area on CL.

Also check out the Weber Kettle Club forum, there have been some recent listings where members have put 26ers into a Performer.

Otherwise, how difficult would a repair be to your existing grill?

Wouldn't be too bad to repair it. JB Weld would do the trick.probably will go that route and maybe try and win a 26 or performer on some raffles.

I search craigslist regularly, never any decent weber scores here, no one ever puts any kettles up here. Always the little portable propane grill it seems. Last night's search didn't even list anything within a hundred miles.

Not gonna lie! I am leaning towards the 26. Fairly handy with tools so connection to the table MAY not be too much of an issue. I just not too sure about the bowl size. Anyone got one they could measure the circumference for me?

Has anyone drilled through a weber and if so did it rust at the hole?
I've hung several kettles in tables, never drilled one. Support can be done using anything that will fit in the slot under the lip of the bottom section. I've used S-hooks, upside down conduit clamps, pieces of copper pipe slotted, and L-brackets.
My current setup looks like this, with the kettle supported at three points.
picture.php

It used to use these to support the kettle
Kettleholder_zpsf7885c94.jpg

When I redid it to make some changes, I switched to these
kettle%20holder_zpsw1wtsaua.jpg

The end of one of these fits under the lip quite well
One20Hole20Conduit20Clamp.jpg

You could convert the existing bottom into a "nest" for a 22" kettle using a jigsaw or right angle grinder with a cut-off wheel.

Or cut upwards from the existing brackets, remove the lip, remove everything below the mounting bracket, and the remaining piece should slide up under the lip of the replacement kettle. That would preserve the current height, if you like it.

Or just do a free standing grill 22 or 26- then get a free standing adjustable height table to put beside it-any where you want it. The all in one Performer style is cool- but options are better IMO.

Dennis, I have a 22” Weber Premium Kettle that I love. It sits right next to my smoker and I use it for searing or for quick cooks when it makes no sense to fire up the smoker. It has been a very good addition to my arsenal. I also have the dividers for either side to separate the charcoal for indirect or other zone cooking.

See you in April. Joe

Late to the party, but I've drilled several old kettles and WSMs for thermometers. I also cut a groove on the lip of my WSM for temp probes. Never painted or did anything to them and rust is not a problem.

Back