Wood Fired Oven has been de-virginized.. Pizza, Lamb Chops & Steaks

That looks fantastic...nice to be able to enjoy the fruits of all that hard work. Have you considered baking bread in it too?

That looks fantastic...nice to be able to enjoy the fruits of all that hard work. Have you considered baking bread in it too?

Yes i have, but i have not gotten there yet, ive only used it once. Life does not allow time with the new oven. I haven't worked on it for over a month either.

Looks like some nice grub brotha, I see the outdoor oven came out great, nice work brotha:grin:

I dont think i fully saturated the oven yesterday, when i finished the dome was 570-650. This morning the dome was 450 and the floor was 385. So its still too warm for roasting. So maybe tomorrow i will. Plus im working late today. But ya i really want to throw in a Butt in the morning and come home at night to find a falling apart piece of Butt...

Those temps are what you were reading when you finished cooking???

What did you cook at (ribs, steaks, pizza) and what were your cooking time. Inquiring minds wanna know.

Great job and thanks for sharing!

Yes those were the temps, keep in mind there was live fire and flames the entire time. I cooked pizza, some bread just for fun, lamb chops and boneless prime ribs. Lamb chops took about 20 min. Steak about 15. And pizza went on for about an hour to hour and half. Didnt keep time so it may be -\ + here and there.

Also if you notice from the pics the meat was left at the entrance of the oven, so not so much inside the dome. So dont let the 5-600f scare you

Last week i called 6 of my guy friends over, we did some pizza and jalapeno poppers. We ate over 40 jalapenos. I cant believe how well and even it is cooked in the oven. The little devils were amazing.

2i4w08.jpg

Interesting photo. The cast iron skillet looks like it is floating in the air.

CD

Interesting photo. The cast iron skillet looks like it is floating in the air.

CD

That is so funny, your not the first person to say that. Everyone who looks at it says the same thing. :twitch:

Last week i called 6 of my guy friends over, we did some pizza and jalapeno poppers. We ate over 40 jalapenos. I cant believe how well and even it is cooked in the oven. The little devils were amazing.

I prefer when my wife calls a bunch of her girl friends over but that is just me.:twitch:

Second part: TOLD YA!!:mrgreen::clap2:

You will now also develop a certain attraction for black iron thingies...:crazy:

Wow, outstanding looking food with great camera work. I would love to get to see this in action someday.

I prefer when my wife calls a bunch of her girl friends over but that is just me.:twitch:

Second part: TOLD YA!!:mrgreen::clap2:

You will now also develop a certain attraction for black iron thingies...:crazy:

Lmao, i hear ya. Well the wife was out of town for work so i took advantage of the situation.

That is a great photo!! I never really noticed the floating thing so I had to go back and look at some shots.
Mine does not seem to have quite the same effect, perhaps it is the atmosphere in Kaliforniastan?:shock:

IMG_20130428_192357_374_zps6f5210f9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Still very cool, thanks V, & Carbon. (BTW, glad to see you back around Carbon)

Back