View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexsmoker View Post
That was the fear. I don't know that ever really occured. There was an Austrailian "expose" of meat glue where some chef made some janky looking filets and the news lady had this shocked look like it was rampant in the marketplace. yeah, except for all the obvious seams you could plainly see in the filets! If you look at all the youtube meat glue videos people in the comments are all up in arms at people using it like it is this evil additive. They obviously have no idea it's a widely used, natuarlly occuring enzyme that is even in non-processed foods and that if they have ever had a turkey sandwich, they have had meat glue.

it's fun to play with and I can totally see a BBQ team using it for chicken skin. I would for sure if I was a comp guy. Wouldn't think twice about it.
It is quite true, I have both spoken to company reps that do this kind of work and seen the actual cuts. It was not that uncommon. I actually got into it with a butcher, pushing him on the fact that his bacon wrapped filet did not look right.

I do not believe it is an evil additive, and in fact, a couple of friends made a rather cool lobster stuffed tenderloin with it, and you would not have been able to find the seam. I certainly would not hesitate to use it. I even thought it would be fun to mess with it for competition chicken skin. But, I suspect it is not allowed. Although I am not sure they could really tell.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote