• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Comp Organizers

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
If you are running a BBQ related competition or event and would like some advice, assistance or suggestions from experienced organizers, please consider joining the Organizers Round Table Forum.

There is a wealth of information available for those that are looking to improve their event or want to flatten the learning curve.

If you are an experienced organizer who would like to discuss issues with your peers, please consider joining. Brainstorming about issues and new and innovative concepts can help all organizers.

Eric

How does one join this esteemed and august panel?

Here is the official text from the forum blurb:

If you are a active(within 18 months) BBQ Contest Organizer and would like to network with other Organizers consider joining us. Perspective Organizers can join with a referral from a Organizers Round Table (ORT) member. The Nurture and Training of new Organizers is a high priority of the ORT. Your join request must state the contests you have organized or will be organizing, and will be declined without. Please use the Competition Forum for general discussion, feedback or contest information.

seeing as how the part about being active (within 18 months)..., doesn't stipulate the past 18 months, I would assume that if you have an event that you are running within the next 18 months you would also qualify. I would also assume that it would have to be listed with a sanctioning body or otherwise have some evidence of being an actual vs. potential event.

Eric

So where is this forum? I sent you a PM when Thom brought this up.

I'm not an organizer, but as a PNWBA Board member, I felt any information regarding BBQ competitions and furthering the sport would be helpful to me in our volunteer organization. If there is a wealth of information to be gleaned, I would love to be able to have access.
Even if I am not allowed to voice an opinion as an organizer, mod me but share the info.

Here is the official text from the forum blurb:

If you are a active(within 18 months) BBQ Contest Organizer and would like to network with other Organizers consider joining us. Perspective Organizers can join with a referral from a Organizers Round Table (ORT) member. The Nurture and Training of new Organizers is a high priority of the ORT. Your join request must state the contests you have organized or will be organizing, and will be declined without. Please use the Competition Forum for general discussion, feedback or contest information.

seeing as how the part about being active (within 18 months)..., doesn't stipulate the past 18 months, I would assume that if you have an event that you are running within the next 18 months you would also qualify. I would also assume that it would have to be listed with a sanctioning body or otherwise have some evidence of being an actual vs. potential event.

Eric

To apply meet the above criteria
Or intern at a event of a member organizer

The criteria is fine - I run / organize / administrate 2 events every year - Galvinell's Grillin and chillin in May and Hogfest in October , but I'll ask again,

To whom do we send a request for access?

The Organizer's Roundtable is a subforum that can be found at the top of the Competition forum. You should be able to request access after you try to access the forum, or via your User CP. If that doesn't work, shoot motoeric a PM.

Jorge is exactly right. Go to the 'usercp' (one of the tabs on the top of the screen, to the left) and use that to go to 'group memberships'.

When applying to join, please list the event that you are involved with and any other pertinent info.

Just to be very clear, I am NOT a mod and I have no authority at all to deviate from the predetermined criteria for joining the subforum. I just check the applications and click the button if the person meets the criteria.

Thanks!

Eric

made a request

Just signed up. Planning an event in Palmer Alaska June 11th and 12th.

troy

So...access to this information will be limited to organizers only?

I am trying to help my local Chamber of Commerce put one together does that count?

So...access to this information will be limited to organizers only?

I should have phrased that better. The wealth of information is from your fellow organizers. It's not like a set of documents or something similar.

And no, it's not limited to the Organizers Round Table. You can always ask whatever questions you would like in the main Competition forum and I'm sure a number of organizers will happily jump in and answer.

Eric

?

So why do you have to join to view this. I think you would have more responsed if it was opened up to everyone.

I made several post last night and hopefully some of you will respond.

troy

How long have you been in BBQ?
We have some dear BBQ Brothers that
well.......
they just do not know when to stop

Back