Richmond VA.

VA-QUE

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Been smoking meats for about a year now.Interested in competing, but have never even been to a competition! Currently cooking on a WSM 18.5, but I just placed an order today for the “Hollywood” from 270 Smokers.

Looking forward to learning from everyone, and contributing when I can.

Welcome to the brethren, VA-QUE. Certainly plenty to learn here. Check out a competition when you can, during the down, non-hectic times, many will tell you all you want to know about competing and you will be closer to making that decision for yourself.

Welcome from the east side of Richmond!

Thanks everybody!

Akoda- originally from Mechanicsville myself. See you have a Shirley. Looked long and hard at them. Just wasn’t patient enough for the wait time. Maybe one day...

Throw them 300 to get in the queue, I am about to get in line again and have no need for another one, maybe in two years :)

Thanks everybody!

Akoda- originally from Mechanicsville myself. See you have a Shirley. Looked long and hard at them. Just wasn’t patient enough for the wait time. Maybe one day...

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Wow! Another Shirley Fabrications in the Richmond area! you have it shipped, or did you drive down to AL to pick it up?

Wow! Another Shirley Fabrications in the Richmond area! you have it shipped, or did you drive down to AL to pick it up?

We drove 12 hours each way, spent the night in Tuscaloosa and had a great time. The Shirley’s are a great bunch of guys that build an awesome cooker.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back