View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
CT-Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

Default For Those Who Cater/Vend

A note for you guys that cater/vend:

If you have leftover food, please consider donating it to a local soup kitchen. You will help out those less fortunate by providing them a great meal, and you may even be able to take a tax write-off as a charitable contribution.
We had a big 3 day fair over the weekend and sold to 1082 customers (some of those were drinks only though). Needless to say we had a pretty big chunk of leftovers. My wife stopped in yesterday to inquire about donating, and watched as an individual asked for a second piece of fruit, and was told that they couldn't because they would run out. Heartbreaking.

So we have decided that we are going to partner with the community kitchen and provide them will all of our leftovers, and once a month provide 150 meals (pulled pork sammiches, beans, slaw, water, and maybe a couple cases of apples).

Sometimes it is too easy to focus on our own small problems and forget how good many of us have it.

Food for thought.

Additionally, if anyone is interested I can send you a white paper from PWC concerning enhanced tax deductions for food donations to charitable organizations that feed the needy. Basically you can deduct your basis cost for the donated, and half of the fair market value of your profit.

For example, if your cost basis of donated food is $500, and the fair market value if you had sold it is $1500, you could take a $1,000 enhanced deduction. The only limit is you can not deduct more than twice your basis cost. If interested, send me a message with an email address and I will send you the white paper.

[url]www.facebook.com/goindeepbbq[/url]
CT-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->