*** 2018 Chicago Area Brethren Summer Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :) - Saturday, August 11, 2018

Also on another note is Shagdod bringing the Shirley for sure. I won't have to haul something all the way from home. Going to do Armadillo eggs, tried them last week and seemed pretty good.

I know I don't post, now I cant quit. Ron is it to late to order coffee? If not I want 2

Also on another note is Shagdod bringing the Shirley for sure. I won't have to haul something all the way from home. Going to do Armadillo eggs, tried them last week and seemed pretty good.

Shagdog has a family event that may keep him away, so we will likely not have the Shirley. I am bring the PK360. What other cooking space will we have?

Doesn't sound like it.

1200 N Frontage Rd, Arlington Heights IL 600741. It is about 10 miles north of the park.

Way up north... Not too familiar with what's up there. I know there is an Uncle Julio's a little further north. Some good bars/restaurants in Schaumburg around the Woodfield Mall area. Just hop on 53 and head south. Couple good places in downtown Arlington Heights. Any preference?

Anyone else going to come out?

I know I don't post, now I cant quit. Ron is it to late to order coffee? If not I want 2

I ended up roasting yesterday, but I did extra. Let me bag it and see what I have.

Will there be extra grill space for a tri-tip. None of my stuff is very portable. Gonna hit RD tomorrow. Hopefully they have some. If not, I'll have to come up with plan B.

I think my backup will be Cornell Chicken.

Last edited:
Will there be extra grill space for a tri-tip. None of my stuff is very portable. Gonna hit RD tomorrow. Hopefully they have some. If not, I'll have to come up with plan B.

I think my backup will be Cornell Chicken.

I think so. We can put it on the PK, either on the desire to side or under the pork steaks indirect and then reverse sear.

OK... Coffee is bagged. I have 6 bags total. So far I have the following...

T&S - 2
Andy - 1
Sweetsmoke - 1
Teebody - 1

Total - 5

I have one available.

I decided to roast some Bali Kintamani Estate since our daughter is currently on Bali :-D

David, I have one bag of Bali and one bag of Java Taman Dadar Estate for you (our daughter was in Java earlier in the week :-D )

Anyone need a griddle? I can bring the Blackstone. My only portable cooker. :noidea:

Anyone need a griddle? I can bring the Blackstone. My only portable cooker. :noidea:

Chit, my stainless is put together and now I need to season it. I should have planned better and the answer would have been Yes! I could have brought 20# of bulgogi.

I should have talked to you Andy, because up thread you mentioned sausages from Wurst Kitchen. I was 3/4 mile away at my old house this past weekend but didn't stop, thinking thats what you were doing :twisted:

But the filipino skewers are something new for me, so I'm kinda glad we didn't talk.

Marinade ready after 90 minutes. Recipe says 30 min prep time. Yeah, maybe with a 30 filipino (Pinoy) assembly line!

Marinade smells goooooooooooddddd! The below is a 8Qt bowl, so this is a chit ton of marinade.

New recipe, hope its good.

Cutting up pork but now...

Attachments

• marinade.jpg
    marinade.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 41
I think Jon & I and maybe Bryan are showing up at 9. If I can get my ass out of bed. They kept my old ass out past my bedtime.

Back