• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Leftover Brisket

B

BrianBinOR

I prefer 'Q'ing a whole brisket as opposed to just the flat or point. The downside to this is that unless it's for a special occasion, it's just me and my wife and 20-month-old son, which means a lot of leftover brisket (no matter how good it is, you can't and SHOULDN'T pack that much away at once). As a result, I've developed several recipes for leftovers of which I'm mighty proud. I've discovered that nachos go well with brisket, and brisket tacos kick arse. As I mentioned, also, my particular marinade for brisket also makes a great au jus for dips.

But I've also blogged on a couple, including my Brisket Chili and Nachos Americano, and would appreciate some feedback on them, here OR in the comments at the blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another idea is get a Food Saver vacuum sealer. I vac pack chopped brisket in 1-2 lb packs and freeze it. Throw the bag in boiling water for 15-20 minutes and you're all ready to eat.

Yeah, a vac sealer is definitely on my "Dear Santa" list. But seriously, if you can get past the blasphemy of it, give one of those recipes a try.

No blasphemy in my book. Both them recipes look good. Brisket chili is hard to beat.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. But like I said on the blog, I'm married to a woman who thinks chili should have... b.b.b.... I can't even say it. You know, legumes.... That's one subject on which I agree with Texans: NO BEANS IN CHILI!

the nachos sound great.
a favorite bbq variety is pulled pork nachos, discovered those down in Memphis.

The chili sounds great too. gonna have to bookmark that page.

The nachos can be done like traditional nachos with tortilla chips, but I prefer the french fries (especially steak fries) option. Thanks for the kudos.

Last time I made brisket chili, I then used the left over chili to make nachos. I guess the only way to do something original would be to puree it in to a foam or something. Maybe a brisket ice cream.

Lets not forget burnt ends....one of the best reasons to make brisket.

ccb419b3.jpg

Mmmm, burnt ends. Hard to beat!

Mama got me a Foodsaver for my birfday and I can't wait to have a ton of leftover brisket!

dang, i may have to add a brisket to my plans this weekend just so that i have some leftovers.

Nothing beats barbeque nachos. Supposedly they were invented by Corky's when the Memphis Redbird's stadium opened several years ago. Perfect ballgame food. Tortilla chips, pulled pork (or in this case chopped brisket), melted nacho cheese, a light coating of barbeque sauce and a sprinkle of dry rub.

Also, I've been considering a barbeque lasagna, using brisket or pulled pork, barbeque sauce instead of tomato sauce, and a blend of jalepeno jack and smoked provolone cheese. It may need some sort of pumped up bechamel sauce for a little more moisture/depth (perhaps dropping the nutmeg in place of dry rub), but I'll need to try it sometime to see.:biggrin:

Back