Sliced Pork....How do you make it?

mfaust2807

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone - I need some advice please! I love sliced pork but I'm not real sure how to do it? What cut of meat? What finishing Temp?

I do pulled pork a lot and use the typical Butt cooked at 250 until meat temp hits 190....let it rest and then pull it to shreds.

Do I use a Butt for sliced pork? I've got to think at 190 it will be too soft to slice, right?

Any help is appreciated!

You can use different cuts of pork for slices.

You can slice pork butt if you want. Just cook it till 180-185 and slice. Some also slice when it is done for pulled pork, just make sure you have a sharp knife to do it.

You must be getting some crazy juicy pork butts to be able to take off at 190 for pulling. That would actually be my go to temp for slicing. For pulling I have to take it to at least 200 - 203ish before it's ready. Maybe try 180 for slicing?

I pulled this butt at around 170. It sliced beautifully, and was quite good as is.

attachment.php

It is a roast, after all. Only time I did a butt though. For sliced pork, I usually do loins and take them to 140.

Sliced Pork Butt. MMMMMM

When I did my last sliced Butt it was pulled around 175. These temps may work for us. But for your first attempt try slicing at 170 see how you like it. Than more up to 175 than 180. :thumb: Giving you more excuses to BBQ.

You guys ROCK! I've never had so many replies to a post on a BBQ forum in such a quick time! Glad to have the help and feedback. I'll let you all know how it turns out!

i think i would just start out with pork steaks.. and smoke them.. add a lil sauce maybe.. and there you go! lol

Sliced Pork....How do you make it? Like this?

Pull at 165 tent for a 1/2 hour slice and devour. My favorite way to cook it.

you could always do a tenderloin, but pull it off around 165 or so.

Back