• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

question about bbqrace.com data

cpw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the inner workings of bbqrace.com or bbqscores.com?

We were at a contest last weekend and for whatever reason our team name was submitted incorrectly to the KCBS site (I think they got the number wrong) so our rankings showed up as "BBQ Queens" instead of "Yes Dear BBQ."

Before the mistake was corrected, bbqrace harvested the data and put it on their site. KCBS has since fixed the error, but bbqrace still shows it incorrectly. What I was wondering was if anyone knew how often the data is updated, or once in place does it update at all?

I emailed both sites on Sunday but have not heard any response from either.

Thanks!

They have normally been pretty quick to receive email and update their system. That is the only route I know to go. Maybe ping them again.

I'll shoot 'em another email and see what happens. I'm curious if the data is refreshed when a new batch of contests comes through.

I do not use bbqrace anymore. Their data is never accurate. For example, it currently shows us as #3 in the KCBS ToY race for both Chicken and Brisket. We wish!!! lol.

Bbqscores seems more accurate but if you really want to see where you stand then you need to go here: http://kcbs.us/pointschase.php

I do not use bbqrace anymore. Their data is never accurate. For example, it currently shows us as #3 in the KCBS ToY race for both Chicken and Brisket. We wish!!! lol.

Bbqscores seems more accurate but if you really want to see where you stand then you need to go here: http://kcbs.us/pointschase.php

Seeing as how we're currently #495 overall, I don't think the points race is really important :biggrin1:. I just like to see how scores go up or down between the different contests.

I did check bbqscores out as well, they have the same problem with the data being incorrect.

KCBS doesn't have their info updated/correct. I looked at the 2013 rankings, and my team has a 1st, 3rd and 6th in chicken this year. We only have 220 pts. Going by their point system, we should have at least 590 pts plus the bonus. I searched the entire list and my team name does not appear anywhere else on it.

KCBS doesn't have their info updated/correct. I looked at the 2013 rankings, and my team has a 1st, 3rd and 6th in chicken this year. We only have 220 pts. Going by their point system, we should have at least 590 pts plus the bonus. I searched the entire list and my team name does not appear anywhere else on it.

Just send KCBS an email and they'll fix it. They were missing a few comps for PORK BUTT AND CHICKEN LEGS and they fixed it same day.

Contact KCBS, once that's corrected then contact BBQSCORES.com, they had my KCBS number transposed last weekend, fixed right away on both sites.

Contact KCBS, once that's corrected then contact BBQSCORES.com, they had my KCBS number transposed last weekend, fixed right away on both sites.

My teams name's info is corrected now on the KCBS site. I still haven't heard back from bbqscores or bbqrace.

The good news is that KCBScore eliminates the "name game" problem with the data. The bad news is that the new software has completely changed the way KCBS scoring is handled technically, so everyone who uses this data has to reinvent their own particular wheel.

As the software developer for the Georgia BBQ Championship organization I've got a communication in with the Technology committee at KCBS to investigate what the options are for third parties to access KCBScore data. When I know something, I'll make a thread on these forums.

Back