Exerpt from a BBQ review

B

bbqjoe

This is a little snippet is taken from a review of a bbq joint.

"Everything is slathered in a thick, dark sauce with a sweet tanginess. The pecan pulled pork sandwich was perfect, and the moist beef brisket sandwich gave the pork a run for its money.

The meaty spare ribs were a tad chewy, but the smoked ham doused in the barbecue sauce was lean and tender."

Somehow doesn't turn me on.
JMO

In some circles, Q isn't Q without being drowned in sauce. Not how I grew up eating it and not how I like to cook it either.

Slathering something in sauce and calling it Q is a little like peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.

Would you like a little meat sprinkled on your sauce sir?:shock:

Don't fret Joe. Writers are paid to.... write. Sounds good to the average dumbass.

Not about my place, but don't want to mention names.:icon_shy

Must be the same people who think that Kraft BBQ sauce is good stuff right outta the bottle.

I like my sauce on the side for dippin'. Slathered is a bit much and masks what should be what you're looking for: the taste of the meat!

I'm like Arlin. I like it on the side, not poured over everything. I've always been told that if you've got to sauce it, you're hiding something. I will occasionally put some into my pulled pork when I'm making up a bunch of samdwiches but only enough to enhance the flavors.

Back