BBQ Brethren "Happy Meal" Throwdown!

Two very nice looking entries, BBQ Grail, but i'd like to know how you made them.

CD

Would you care to expand on this post?

CD

Brown 4 pounds of short ribs...
Toss in one diced fennel bulb (make sure you take out the core first)
Toss in one thinly sliced leek. (only the white, non leafy part)
Toss in four or five peel whole gloves of garlic
Toss in 10 to 12 peeled and trimmed baby artichokes
Add two cups of water
Add italian herb seasoning
Add Wooster sauce (about 3 tablespoons
Salt and pepper to taste

Cover it all in a dutch oven and toss it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 3 hours.

Remove short ribs and reduce the liquid on the stove by about 1/3. Return short ribs and make sure it's all heated through.

Spoon over pasta of your choice...

Two very nice looking entries, BBQ Grail, but i'd like to know how you made them.

CD

Rules don't require that I share that, but because I don't want to accused of being captious I have granted your wish... :wink:

Brown 4 pounds of short ribs...
Toss in one diced fennel bulb (make sure you take out the core first)
Toss in on thinly sliced leek. (only the white, non leafy part)
Toss in four or five peel gloves of garlic
Toss in 10 to 12 peeled and trimmed baby artichokes
Add two cups of water
Add italian herb seasoning
Add Wooster sauce (about 3 tablespoons
Salt and pepper to taste

Cover it all in a dutch oven and toss it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 3 hours.

Remove short ribs and reduce the liquid on the stove by about 1/3. Return short ribs and make sure it's all heated through.

Spoon over pasta of your choice...

Ooooo, sounds tasty. I love to braise meats in the winter months. I don't use my oven during Texas summers. A good cast iron cook in the oven when it is freezing outside warms the house, and the smells are priceless.

Herr bigabyte may have issues with oven cooking for a throwdown, but I'd still like to eat that food. :becky:

CD :thumb:

Rules don't require that I share that, but because I don't want to accused of being captious I have granted your wish... :wink:

But, you can't just tease us with food pr0n, and not tell us how you cooked it. Rules or no rules, that just ain't right.

CD :becky:

But, you can't just tease us with food pr0n, and not tell us how you cooked it. Rules or no rules, that just ain't right.

CD :becky:

Only took 30 minutes to be told I'm not doing something right. That could be a record. Back into retirement?

:)

I grew up eating leftover turkey and waffles after Thanksgiving. It's Lutheran thing.

The thing about waffles is you need something pretty wet and powerful to go with them, or they just don't work. Waffles are dry... period.

I'd give those pulled pork waffles a try. I assume there is extra sauce on the table.

I always grabbed the dark meat turkey for my waffles, which had all the fat, AKA Moisture. Pulled pork is a lot like turkey dark meat. I wish I would have had a good sauce to go with it.

CD

Okay, there has been way too much talk about nachos, and not enough nachos. Somebody had to have the balls... or ball, to enter some righteous nachos.

So, I got me a nice looking pork butt, and gave it a simple but spicy rub -- the Salt Lick's recipe of equal parts k-salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.

picture.php

I smoked it all day, let it rest in foil in a cooler, and pulled it.

I made a classic cheese sauce with Nice and Cheesy (like me) and some Rotel tomatoes and chilies.

picture.php

I loaded some of my favorite tortilla chips with pulled pork, and poured on the nacho cheese sauce. Some fresh sliced jalepeños finish the entry.

picture.php

The drink is one of my favorite Mexican beers, Tacate. The toy is a Hot Wheels car -- how appropriate for the forum, the Bone Shaker.

Enjoy.

CD

C'mon CD, you can't serve that to kids :tsk: I mean, all those peppers? And Hot Wheels??? Who plays with Hot Wheels anymore? Does it interface with the internet or xbox somehow? Does it automatically upload videos to youtube?

Good choice on the beer though :thumb: Kids love lots of foam :doh:

Okay, who am I kidding, fantastic nachos :clap2: Or is that Nacho Fantastics?

I will be making my TD return for this one (because I know you were all so worried about that). It'll probably be Saturday before I get my entry in

Decided to cook for this one today since I'll be in LA for the weekend. Made a triple-bacon cheeseburger with a side of Shiner battered onion rings, and it made me very happy. That's what this was for, right?

Sliced up some onion
IMG_2574.jpg

Little beer batter
IMG_2575.jpg

Diced some onion and bacon for the patty:
IMG_2577.jpg

Ready to mix
IMG_2578.jpg

Big meatball? Nope, that's for next week's TD
IMG_2580.jpg

Patties formed, ready to be stuffed...cheese and more bacon
IMG_2581.jpg

I spaced out and didn't take my camera downstairs and outside to take cooking pics, but here's how they turned out. Not sure which one to use for the vote thread

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

And the toy shot:
IMG_2593.jpg

Back