Smoked Andouille w/ PrOn -- First Time

Very nice job. I love the fact that you smoked these in your mini too.
This is another great recipe, and the one I use most.
Use 1 tsp of Cure 1 for 5 lbs.

http://www.nolacuisine.com/2005/11/14/andouille-sausage-recipe/

Oh that sausage looks gorgeous and looks so tasty!

andouille-smoked-sausage.jpg

I omitted the file and it was damn good without, but have since ordered some online for the next round. Nobody up here had it locally

Oh that sausage looks gorgeous and looks so tasty!

andouille-smoked-sausage.jpg
This is how Andouille is supposed to look. Might have to give this one a try. It's good living in Louisiana and have all the good food at your fingertips. Besides food and fishing, there isn't much to brag about when it comes to Louisiana.

I had to do something with these sausages, so I made some of Paul Prudhomme's Jambalaya from his Louisiana Kitchen book.

ddntj5.jpg

(From front row to back row, from left to right: Chicken fat & Chopped Andouille, Trinity (only had yellow on hand),
chopped chicken thigh, spices & herbs, tomatoes & tomato sauce, homemade chicken stock, rice, shrimp.)

x1hnd4.jpg

Chef Prudhomme said to use an 8 oz cup as a mold and to serve two per plate, so I did!

308iscp.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I am about to lose my farking mind looking at this thread! I wanna get up, go home and make some of this - and jambalaya - right now!

Very nice job on the cook and the pix - and I hear ya on the coarse grind - I haven't ground fine in a long time. I like the looks of the coarse grind and chopped mix in some of these pix - reminds me of andouille I have bought from butchers.

Great thread - thanks for posting!

This is how Andouille is supposed to look. Might have to give this one a try. It's good living in Louisiana and have all the good food at your fingertips. Besides food and fishing, there isn't much to brag about when it comes to Louisiana.

The picture of that Andouille is the reason I purchased a LEM #5 grinder and stuffer.

Always wanted to make sausage, and posts and replies like this just reinforce it. Great looking sausage!!

Back