Kingsford Competition Briquets

1FUNVET

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What are you guru's thoughts on this compared to whats already being used ? Saw some at Wally World last nite and wonder if it's worth buying.

I bought one bag and got one at WP 2009 and got one more bag from a friend who prefers not to use K.
So far, I have only grilled on it and all I can say that I notice for sure is that it does seem to burn hotter. No issues with sparks, ashes or smell from my perspective so far and that's all I have to say about that.
(Forrest Gump mod.)

I like it for low and slow in my Drum. It heats up quick so when I open the lid, I gotta' be quick!

The best thing is that it produces a lot less ash.

I've used it a number of times so far and have found it real good overall. Seems to get lit a bit faster, and certainly leaves less ash.

I love the stuff.
P4190008-1.jpg

I used it last saturday at a local comp. I liked the way it fired up and held temps...and also the way it smelled...but it burned pretty quick IMO. I also liked the low ash...less that regular K.

I split a 16.5 lb bag between two WSM's...one was running at 250 degrees and the other 300 degrees. After a 6 hour burn @ 250 degrees I was pretty much down to ashes...very little solid fuel left. Not sure about the 300 degree as I shut it down after I cooked my chicken. I think I'll stick with regular K for the long low-n-slows.

i bought a couple of bags today at costco so will be giving it a go this weekend....

scott

Good stuff. Burns hotter, longer, less ass, and no chemical smell like the blue bag has. Also has a fast recovery time.

Eventually I want to do a side by side with original K versus comp to compare burn times. I love how clean it cooks, just not sure how long it will burn.

I noticed some at Costco couple of weeks ago and I will probaby pick up a couple of bags this weekend. I use RO lump for low and slow, but I'm going to give this a try on the kettle for grilling.

Nothing compares to Stubbs, IMHO. I have never noticed a chemical smell (or taste) with the regular K, but then my smeller is shot...

For the money, I still use regular K with whatever wood I choose in the WSM, UDS or BDS. On the grill I use Stubbs.

I have the kids clean the smoker so more or less ash doesn't mean much to me...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Back